[57] ✽ Hold My Hand ✽

Mulai dari awal

"Are you okay?"

Jungkook's warm voice flutters in your ear and you ignore the chills it sends you up to your spine. He seemed to have run because he was breathing heavily in your ears.

Then he pulled away and you finally got your vision back, promptly realising that your boss had just hugged you and was standing really, really close to you currently.

"I-"

"You should be careful. There are traps here that can go off anytime and I don't want you to be scared."

You nodded, still out of the situation and trying to comprehend what was happening with you. One moment you were crying over the embarrassing scene and next you were already in your boss's arms.

Your eyes darted around and you finally noticed that there was a button trap on the floor, the crunch you thought you heard before. That was one of the worst spooky objects the three of you encountered since this journey began.

It was more like a replica of land mine, hidden on the floor. When a person steps on this trap, the button activates a machine that drops an unexpected horror like a realistic dead body or a bag of fake blood which stink a lot.

Although the three of you didn't get anything horrible like the fake blood, the sudden appearance of a zombie-like woman, crawling towards you on the ground had scared the wits out of you.

And I almost faced that again.

"Are you still scared?"

Jungkook's voice grew softer. You looked up at him to notice that he was staring at you with kind eyes, an expression of concern and genuineness that you haven't seen for so long.

"I- no. I-I am okay."

You managed to stutter and the grin on Jungkook's face was something so endearing at that moment. You basked in the sensual moment the two of you shared before reality set in and a loud voice disturbed from the distance.

"SOMEONE HELP ME!"

No later those words were spoken, a frightened Seokjin came running with fear evident in his eyes and he skidded to a stop in front of the two of you, panting heavily. He glanced back and when no one came, Seokjin heaved a sigh of relief.

"I thought you were beside me Jungkook and did not notice the dead man taunting me. When I saw him, I screamed my head off and ran away," Seokjin ranted before taking in a breath, "and why the heck did you leave me alone?"

"Relax Jin. They are not real."

"But they look so real!"

They argued on the topic for a moment or so before Seokjin finally announced that he was going to find his way out as soon as he could without the two of you.

"Seokjin, wait up."

You called him out but the guy was too busy to hear you and waved a hand before he started running away towards the direction where the exit was supposed to be. Not wanting to linger in this place for long, you decided to follow Seokjin and began to run after him. But before you could go further, your footing slipped and you tripped forward with a yelp.

"Yuna!"

A warm pair of arms snaked around your waist and held your support before you could fall flat on your face. Your heart was pounding hard with the sudden jerk and you let out a shaky breath, noting the fact that your boss was holding you closely for the second time today.

What drama was this?

Jungkook walked up and helped you steady your balance. His face was a mixture of amusement and concern and you looked away in embarrassment. How much was life going to humiliate you today, especially in front of your boss?

"I can't help but notice how close we are getting today."

"Huh?" You asked immediately, embarrassed.

"You almost fell, twice and luckily I grabbed you each time."

"Oh."

To say you were disappointed was an understatement. You didn't expect much but only wondered if all these moments affected Jungkook as much as they did to you. But now that he said it only made him think you were clumsy, you felt unhappy.

You pointed towards the road, silently urging him to continue the walk since your first wish was to get out and get some fresh air. Jungkook looked the road before looking back at you with an unreadable expression.

"What?"

You could not hide the annoyance and your employer only stared at you for a minute before chuckling.

"Nothing. Let's go."

Nodding you faced the road and begin walking with him. There was an awkward silence lingering around and you wondered if you were too rude to him before. You opened your mouth to speak but froze midway when something warm brushed your hand.

Jungkook's warm and soft hand entwined with yours and you felt the air knocked out of you. Warm butterflies swarmed in your stomach. What the hell was going around today?

Did Jungkook just hold my hand?

Jungkook brought up the pair of hands like he was proud of it and grinned handsomely.

"In case you fall down for the third time."

You didn't respond because it was a lot to take in. Although he had a good intention for holding your hand, you could not help but feel a little elated like there was something more than that reason.

You thought you could hold in your weird emotions inside and pretend nothing ever happens, that there is no spark of hope, excitement or fuel of emotions between the two of you or at least, yourself.

But now you know there is something between which none of you can deny any longer.

A/N: I should seriously be reprimanded for leaving the story in the middle for so long

A/N: I should seriously be reprimanded for leaving the story in the middle for so long. But buckle up guys, the following chapters will make your heart race :) ❤