"But when I pushed him away it was because I didn't want to face the fact that I like him more than I had thought," The light turned green as I heard Finn gasp. "I would've known this fact longer than I do now if I just would've taken the chance to look into someone worth knowing. He is worth knowing, even if it wasn't as worthy in the beginning." I chuckled through my teeth as I saw her smile beaming.

"And if anything," I cleared my throat before admitting my wrongs. "He isn't that bad. We can disagree to agree, he isn't that bad of a person just because of his political stance. I may not agree with it, but I know there's more to him than he lets off." Finn shook her head not picking up at what I'm saying.

"I'm saying that I think the douche canoe is lying through his teeth and I don't even think he likes his dad. I don't even think he agrees with his dad," I admit as Finn gasps. I turn to face her shushing her.

"You can't tell anyone this stuff though, please don't this is all stuff that I'm just picking up. I just think I misjudged him. I don't think he's a bad person, I just think he's in a bad situation." I concluded as I pulled into the apartment parking lot.

Parking the Tesla, I turned off the car and faced the stunned redhead who was still too shocked for words.

He had admitted to me that he didn't agree with all of his dad's policies but deep down I truly think Blake Day hated me because I hated him due to something he couldn't control: his father.

If he truly was a Republican, well shit—I guess we were the modern-day Romeo and Juliet. He wasn't supposed to like me and I definitely wasn't supposed to like him.

I think he was playing the game. I think that he was just trying to get on his dad's good side by being harmless and if that was the case then I could play along. Blake Day was a good guy that deserved to be known for himself and not for who he was.

"Get out of the car, Blondie. Stop daydreaming about Mr. Republican," I was snapped out of my daydream by looking at the redhead who was shutting the car door. Unbuckling my seat belt, I stepped out of the car before chasing after Finn.

"Hey! Wait," I called out to her as the cold air was attacking my bare legs.

I was the one with the keys to get into the apartment anyway. She looked at me over her shoulder, her blueish-green eyes twinkled at me as her freckles laid perfectly on her cheeks. Her red hair is something that I aspired to have.

I have yet to meet an ugly natural redhead.

Wrapping my arms around her in a hug, I heard her let out a chuckle of shock. "What's this for?" She asked as I continued to squeeze her.

"Thank you," I spoke out as I heard her release a breath—a sigh of relief. "I know that I have been lacking in our friendship and I know you think it's cause you aren't Naomi or Natalie, but it's because I hated myself and I wanted to make everyone hate me. I'm sorry for that, and just know that I love and I appreciate you." I was squeezing her until no tomorrow, rocking her back and forth.

I heard her chuckle as I squeezed the life out of her.

I had been an absent friend because of my illness and although it wasn't necessarily my fault, it definitely felt like it. I had taken my self-hatred out on everyone else because I wanted everyone to agree with me.

I didn't deserve to live because I was a horrible person.

But I did deserve to live and I didn't deserve for people to hate me.

"So—am I still allowed to get revenge on my brother even though you're in love with the mysterious one?" I snorted at her words, pulling away from our hug as she wears a bright smile on her face.