♡ Chapter 44 ⋆ Oh, Ace, you idiot!

"Why do you blame yourself, Ace?"

"Because I sent that text and now Chloe is dead. It all started with that stupid text that I sent!"

Ace laid on the couch, both of his arms under his head as he stared at the ceiling.

"But it was their decision to run away"

"I forced them to make that decision! Chloe was a nice girl. She was nice, Celia and now she's dead. She was afraid of me, now that I think about it. She was right to be afraid. I killed her"

Celia noticed how Ace couldn't keep his emotions in check whenever they talked about Axel and Chloe. He was far from getting better, he was really a tight-lipped person. It was difficult to get him to talk. He only cared about a few people in his life and he had lost everyone.

The last time, they brought up Chloe and Axel, Ace only got worse. He wasn't ready or in his right mind to talk about them. Chloe's death made him loathe himself. He blamed himself over and over again. He even cried a few times.

Celia decided to change the topic as she knew how this will end. "You're leaving for college soon, how do you feel about that?"

"Shitty"

"Why shitty, Ace? Going to college is a wonderful experience, most people are really excited, why aren't you?"

"She's leaving tomorrow..."

"Ella?"

"Hm..."

"It must be difficult for you to not talk to her"

"Hm..."

"Do you wanna talk about that?"

"No... You already know everything"

"I do know some things but not everything, Ace. We should talk about that, you may not see each other again"

Ace glanced at her and rolled his eyes heavenwards. "Of course, I'll see her again. Our families are close! And her parents live right across the street, you idiot!"