♡ Chapter 16 ⋆ Fourteen years...

Saturday

Saturday...

It was the night of the big game. The only night when Ace and Hunter put aside all their differences and played together as a team.

Before the game, the cheerleaders of both schools performed their special routines for the big night.

Ella was over-excited. She had a big grin permanently plastered over her face. Veronica was also excited and happy. Both girls were happy for the same reasons.

First, the rival team ran into the field, and the whole Richmonte booed. When Ace ran into the field with the rest of his team everyone shouted in joy and encouragement. Everyone could feel the adrenaline from the pitch to the stands.

Sebastian felt proud of his son. He had a smile etched on his face, his eyes glued to his son. The way he was leading his team, the way he was playing reminded him of his school days. He looked to his side and found his wife Hannah staring at their son lovingly.

"Remember when you used to cheer for me from your seat?" He asked

Hannah laughed. "I would get so pissed off every time you lost"

He nodded. "And you wouldn't let me kiss you for a week after that" They both laughed and kissed one another.

The loud howling of the audience broke their moment. Hannah jumped up from her seat when she saw her son getting the first touchdown of the game.

"YES! THAT'S MY BABY!" She yelled enthusiastically.

Ace turned and sent a flying kiss towards his mother. Hannah caught it and put it on her heart. Ace considered his mother his lucky charm because the only game he ever lost was when Hannah was couldn't attend it as she was in NYC at the time. He blamed his defeat on Hannah. From that day on, she never missed another one of his games.

By the end of the second quarter, Ace and his team easily scored a few more touchdowns with extra points. The scores were
Home: 30
Guest: 12

The cheerleaders ran to the middle of the field and performed a diss routine for the rival school. All the students of Richmonte and the teachers laughed making fun of their rivals.