♡ Chapter 6 ⋆ He was my best friend

The principal let all the boys off the hook with a warning because of Ace

The principal let all the boys off the hook with a warning because of Ace. If he punished everyone but him then all the other rich dads will be here tomorrow. So, he made no big deal out of it.

Ace came outside and found Ella waiting for him.

"Let's go," he said to her

The whole car ride, they made small talk about the fight, about Hunter. He'd use his phone periodically, but she didn't dare question him or peek at his phone. Fifteen minutes later, they reached her house and she stepped out of the car.

"Bye, Ace" she smiled but he mumbled a quick bye without looking at her and drove to his place.

Ella's mother came rushing towards her.

"Mom, what happened?"

"How was school, baby?" she asked rubbing her palms together.

"Fine, mom, are you okay?" Ella asked confused

"Baby, you need to be strong, okay?" Her mother approached her and rubbed her upper arms.

Ella got terrified. "What? Why? Mom, what happened? Where's dad?"

"Your dad is fine" she answered and Ella ran inside.

She halted in her steps and gasped. "Elliot, Elliot!" Tears filled up in her eyes. She saw her dog lying on the ground with blood leaking out of his mouth.

"No! Elliot" her bottom lip quivered, and her shoulders dropped in resignation. She fell on her knees beside his lifeless body and pulled him towards hers.

"Elliot, baby, wake up, please" She cried

Her parents sat beside her on the ground, rubbing her back, hugging her.

"How? What happened to him?"

"He was old, honey" Matthew comforted his daughter.

"No! NO!" She hugged her dog's lifeless body.

"Please, wake up, Elliot" she sobbed harder than before.

"I'll prepare a funeral for him" Matthew kissed her forehead.