♡ Chapter 4 ⋆ Ace Harding's Girlfriend

Veronica walked down the hallway like she owned the place

Veronica walked down the hallway like she owned the place. The clicking of her heels resonated and all heads turned towards her. She got the attention of all the boys and she took pride in it.

She winked at one of the boys and he stumbled over his laces. She laughed seductively and twirled around.

She knew she has got the attention of the most popular and richest boy in this school, Ace Harding. She saw him as some trophy she was determined to win.

But there was one thing that seemed like an obstacle between Ace and her. It was Ella Carter. For everyone else, they were typical Ella and Ace, always glued to one another's side. Everyone was accustomed to seeing them like that but not Veronica. Their proximity seemed something more than a friendship to her. She was also a girl, she could clearly read the look on Ella's face whenever she was with Ace. No best friends are this close.

She saw Ace standing in the middle of the hallway using his cellphone. She smirked and pulled out her cellphone and pretended to give all her attention to it but in reality, she was just clicking on the home screen repeatedly. She purposely collided with him made it look like an accident.

"Oh my god! I wasn't looking—"

"It's fine" Ace smirked.

From him, she was intriguing, something new, something fresh. He could get any girl he wants. Most of the girls practically threw themselves at him but not Veronica. In the last two encounters, he had with her, she made sure to let him know she had no interest in him and that only piqued his interest more and more.

She shrugged nonchalantly. "Cool," she mumbled as she tried to walk past him.

"So, what about that date you owe me?" Ace asked and she stopped, the corner of her lip turned upwards.

She wanted to jump on his bones right away but she knew he will lose interest. She decided to play hard to get, boys always fall for that shit, and Ace Clarke-Harding is no exception, she thought.

"What date?" She acted obliviously

"The one you promised in return for getting you on the cheerleading squad," he said