♡ Chapter 24 ⋆ It was highly entertaining.

She wore a plain white t-shirt and immediately wore a blazer over it

She wore a plain white t-shirt and immediately wore a blazer over it. She paired it with blue denim jeans and white Vans. She pulled her hair in a high ponytail and perched her bag over her shoulder. She skipped down the stairs, ready to go to school.

"Ella, come and eat your breakfast!" Caroline said and put an omelet on a plate for her.

"Not hungry" she simply answered

"This needs to stop, Ella. I am worried about your health!" Caroline said

Ella twisted her lips and sighed sarcastically "I am not dead, I am fine and alive."

"When was the last time you ate a home-cooked meal?" Caroline asked with pleading eyes.

"None of your business" Ella answered.

"Ella, you need to stop with this attitude," Matthew said

Ella sighed in a bored manner. She was not interested in talking to her parents. "I am so terribly sorry for talking back to your wife, Matthew. What are you going to do this time? Hit me again? Lock me up in a dungeon?" She sarcastically retorted

Tears prickled in Caroline's eyes. Ella's behavior was getting worse and worse. They barely recognize their daughter. Placing her elbows over the table, Caroline intertwined her hands and placed them on her lips to hide her heartbroken expression.

Matthew frowned. "I am sorry that I hit you and I promise I would never do it again but you can not treat your parents like this"

"Let her be, Matt..." Caroline's voice broke.

Ella rolled her eyes. "Finally..." She said and turned to walk out of the house.

Muttering lowly in resentment, Ella got out of the house.

Paying no attention to any of the classes and acting indifferent towards everyone, another day passed.