•46•

I puff out a bored breath, my thumb already aching from constantly pressing the remote. There's nothing on the TV that catches my attention and I feel like I've been trapped in Irina's room for days.

My internship already ended three weeks ago, which of course was a slightly hard experience for me because I had kind of grown fond of the place and my colleagues, not to mention how much Mr. Smith helped me with everything, but it would eventually come to an end anyway. It was hard to fit internship and deliveries into the short span of 24 hours for one day.

Nikolai is still not back and it looks like he will be gone for a few more weeks. This suits me just fine, I can chill all I want and only have to keep track of deliveries once or twice a week at most, and the rest of the time I can do whatever I want.

I thought I could take advantage of this and spend a lot of time with Irina, but she's busy with her studies because she has her final exams in a couple of weeks. She's stressed, constantly thinking she won't make it and I'm always trying to convince her otherwise.

If there is anyone who can graduate with a top grade, it is without a doubt her.

Still, I feel neglected, although of course, I can't blame Irina for that. I try to give her as much space as I can and support her as much as I can. Sora still hasn't flown back and I don't think she plans to.

She's made herself at fucking home at my place, with taking her side of the bathroom and all that shit. Not that it bothers me, because I spend most of my time here crashing at Irina's anyway, but they're getting closer and closer and I'm a little more afraid every day that my world will collapse that I'm trying to hide from everyone I care about.

Most of the time I don't feel like going out and doing anything else, so then I'm just left to deal with random stuff. The other day I fixed the dripping faucet, even though I don't know how to do it. Well, I tried to fix it, but in the end, it got worse and we had to call a professional.

Irina always gets down to her studying after breakfast and is busy with it until late in the evening. I can remember my time when I studied exactly like that on my finals, but Irina is one step crazier. She is and always has been a perfectionist and very ambitious, but she sometimes overworks herself.

I know she will get it perfectly fine, but no matter how many times I told her, she still kept on studying for hours at the big table in Nikolai's office. She only comes out of the room once for dinner and then I see her when she goes to bed. I don't want to be selfish, but I'm bored as hell.

Am I an attention whore? Yes, I am.

But I can't help it.

So I finally decide that Irina needs a break and turn off the TV. I'm still careful not to be seen as I step out of her room and then sprint down the stairs to Nikolai's office. She said she can study better here in peace than in the library and besides, the bookshelf is full of the books that she needs to study.

Why am I so annoying?

I knock on the door carefully, so as not to startle her, and when no sound comes from the other side, I open it slowly. The light on the ceiling is off, but the light on the desk is on. She is not sitting at the desk where Nikolai usually sits, but at the big one in the middle.

Her books, notepads, and pens are spread out on the surface, but still somehow neat. She looks into one of the books and then writes down something that I can't read from this distance. I close the door quietly behind me and that's when she looks up at me.