•7•

We reach a hidden place in the city after a half-hour-long drive. Irina carefully drives to the edge that overlooks a part of the city from above and I look around in amazement at the beautiful sight. The trees surrounding us seem vibrantly green in the sunlight and different colored flowers are scattered on the grass.

It is a quiet place, you could almost call it a forest and it makes me wonder how she knows such a place and why we are here. We slowly come to a stop, my bike facing the view before Irina turns off the engine.

She pulls down her helmet, swinging her head from side to side to put her hair back in place. I follow her actions and run a hand through my hair after taking off the helmet, brushing the curls out of my face.

We remain seated on the bike, letting the view wash over us as neither of us says anything. Irina takes a long and deep breath and I imagine she has her eyes closed, my position behind her not allowing me to see her face.

"I suppose you come here often?" I ask after a while once I've set the two helmets down on the grass next to us. Now still not knowing where to put my hands while she sits in front of me, I place them both on my thighs, tilting my head to the side to get a look at her profile.

"Yeah, kind of," she replies, turning her head to the side so that our eyes meet for a few seconds before she turns to the front again. "It's so quiet here and it helps me sort out my thoughts and calm my mind."

I hum in understanding and turn my gaze back to the view as well. It's strange to look at the normally noisy city from up here, but not hear a sound. All you can see are the rooftops and if I didn't know that the streets are now filled with people driving back home from work, I would think the city was dead.

Irina sits up a little straighter and her back comes closer to my chest, radiating her warmth to me. A drop of sweat runs down my temple, so I take off my leather jacket and lay it on the grass next to the helmets. Irina looks over her shoulder, a slight smile written on her lips, and not that I'm complaining but I'm wondering why she's in such a mood today.

"You haven't responded to my messages." I start curiously after a while. "Why did you come to the parking lot when I said I was waiting for you?"

She laughs. "You were, and still are, very persistent. I thought it was kind of unfair to ignore you like that."

"I see. So you felt sorry for me?" I ask in a teasing tone, the corners of my mouth are pulled up and she laughs again at the statement.

"You could say that." she teases back.

"I feel like an idiot now. Thanks," I say leaning forward into her ear as my hands settle unnoticed on her waist.

She lets out a few giggles and I smile at the addictive sound. She should laugh more often and not have that serious look written on her face all the time because her laughter sounds just so genuine and full of heart that I let out a few giggles myself. I'm starting to like this day that actually started badly.

"Where did you learn to ride a motorcycle?" I ask after we come down from our giggles. "I didn't think you were into that sort of thing."

"I give the impression of a weak, rich girl, don't I?" she asks, and I can hear a slight bitterness coming from her voice, which makes me furrow my eyebrows.

"No, absolutely not. You give the exact opposite impression. But I wouldn't have thought you'd be into something so risky because you seem rather hedged and low-risk. That's my observation, at least," I say.