•31•

Jungkook

The week went by slower than I thought or rather hoped. I'm almost not interested in my internship anymore, which is actually a shame because before it started I was really looking forward to it and got excited. But it doesn't give me the same excitement as knowing I can be with Irina instead without anyone getting suspicious about it.

I have to admit that what I did wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I didn't see any other way out. My body acted before my brain and I found myself at the gates to her house. I'm truly sorry that I scared Irina so much and that she almost had a mental breakdown because of me, but in the end, the outcome was successful.

Even though I almost died.

I didn't see things going in the wrong direction that quickly, but the moment her father asked one of his men to escort me out, I knew where the road would lead. Looks like I underestimated him.

Actually, it's not quite underestimation because I trust Irina and if she's afraid and respectful of her father, then that must mean something. Maybe I was just hoping that I could work everything out without it going south, but I guess I was wrong.

At least I'm glad Irina stepped in for me and practically saved my life. I don't know what I would have done if she hadn't been in the room at the exact moment I was facing her father. I guess fate hasn't written our ending yet.

We have to be more careful from now on and watch what we talk about, what we do, and where we see each other. Being in the university and studying in the library were easy things, but now that I was face to face with the middle-aged man, I know how careless I was even when I just climbed into Irina's room. Now I understand better why she was so nervous and anxious about it whenever I appeared in front of her balcony door.

Honestly, I could have been a dead man several times.

Anyway, I'm now getting off my motorcycle, which this time I drop off right in front of the front door. It feels weird not to be careful anymore that no one sees me because now I am welcome here. Not in a warm way, but I am expected here.

I don't know exactly what awaits me in the future and what I will have to give up and maybe even overcome, but I am positive that as long as I have Irina by my side, I can manage anything. I can well understand why she didn't want me to be involved in her father's business because it is something that she herself also thinks is wrong.

To be honest it brings a smile to my face to know that despite everything and the life she is used to she still knows what is morally right and wrong. This life is one that likes to paint the eyes pretty with the success, money, and respect, and fear that people show towards you. It is not so easy to maintain one's values and remain innocent.

Maybe even impossible.

But I had no other choice. Irina refused to run away with me, which may not have been a good idea in the first place either, but I would have tried my best to keep us safe. I couldn't have imagined life without Irina because my feelings for her are far too strong and irreversible, so I had only one option left.

Maybe I'll regret it, maybe everything will turn out differently than I imagined. But honestly, nothing is predictable in this business anyway, and that's why I try to think about it as little as possible because otherwise, I'll go crazy at some point. I just need to keep Irina safe, that would be enough for me.

I walk up to the big double door where two men are standing guard on each side. They are dressed in black, intimidating and professional. It makes me wonder how people in this neighborhood have not become suspicious that a seemingly simple real estate agent has so many guards. Or they are choosing to think and say nothing about it because they know.