15 How Could I Forget

Gio

"Daddy, did you die?" Chase feigns to be shocked when Celia and I come down from the second level. I punch his shoulder and he flies sideways.

"Daddy got shot, daddy got shot!" Ari sings, skipping out of the room. "Loser, loser!"

From the corner of my eye, Celia smirks at the ground, a small blush on her cheeks. In fact, the rosy shade trails to her neck and chest, exposing her embarrassment.

I can't figure her out.

"Who's down for more drinks?" Oscar chimes and I almost kiss him.

"Chase, do you want to buy me alcohol?" Celia asks as the two stand in front of me in line at one of the booths outside.

"Uh..." He slowly looks at me over his shoulder. "No, no I don't."

"Why not?" She frowns, following his gaze and narrows her eyes when they find mine. "What, why do you care what he thinks?!"

"Because..." Chase drawls as if sharing a bedtime story. "Gio's a real sadist, you don't know, he loves to make me suffer⁠—"

"What would you like?" The cashier interrupts him.

"Yeah, let me get three beers and two chocolate milks," he orders while Celia turns to me, crossing her arms.

"You can keep staring but it won't change anything." I look past the top of her head.

She passes me to join Ari and Oscar, making sure to bump her shoulder into my arm.

I divert my attention around us and notice three short guys eyeing Celia with a little too much excitement. When they notice me watching, they hastily look away, suddenly engaged in an interesting conversation.

Chase hands us our drinks as we circle near the booth, surrounded by other groups around. Those three continue to glance and I zone out on them, not hearing what anyone's saying.

Only Celia beside me steals my attention as she watches me under her long lashes, smirking with amused understanding.

Annoying little shit.

I could grab her throat and pull her to me.

Show those motherfuckers who she belongs to.

"They're cockroaches, Gio," she murmurs, shrugging her slender shoulder.

I draw in a deep breath and exhale, suddenly realizing how quiet our group is. Chase, Oscar and Ari look awkwardly around, uncertain about how to break the stiff silence.

Celia pretends to look behind her, whispering. "Change the topic, lighten the mood."

"Anyway..." I address the group, back to normal. "Did you guys know this place has⁠—"

"Celia? Didn't expect to see you here." A blonde guy slightly taller than Celia steps in front of us, a leashed doberman by his feet.

Designer clothes, cocky attitude, feminine hands— must be Alex.

"Is this your gay best friend, Cel?" Ari asks, making Chase snort.