53 - The Gang War Starts In The Streets

Start from the beginning

Arriving in a park, it was absolute chaos. There were multiple different monsters around, controlled by Takao family members.

Multiple dead bodies littered the ground, innocent civilians that had been caught in the carnage that the Takao family brought.

Horrific.

Most of the civilians had already ran away or fell victim to the attack. Not all of them, however.

A girl, holding a pistol for god knows why, was trying to shoot the Lupinus trying to eat her. It lunged at her, biting on her gun arm.

It ripped her arm off in a hungry fit, a bloody fountain sprouting from her arm. Her face turned pale as she realized that her arm was gone.

Her screech of fear seemed to reach the heavens. It pierced my ears, forcing me to make a decision.

I morphed Loki into a spear, covering it in fire. Gripping it tightly, I pulled it backwards before rocketing it forward.

The lance flew at quick speeds, flying straight into the Lupinus' skull and sending it sideways. It fell down to the ground, dead. Loki dissapeared from his head, called back into my soul.

The girl collapsed onto the ground, gasping from a mixture of pain, surprise and relief. I ran over, grabbing her and dragging her out of the way, next to a WcDonalds.

"Let me help." Lily said, appearing by me.

She grabbed her legs while grabbed her shoulders, propping her against the side of the building. Blood flowed out of her shoulder, soaking my shirt with sticky crimson blood.

"T...t..." The girl tried to say, but couldn't get the words out.

"Shh." I told her. "It'll be fine."

I ripped off a piece of her clothing, using it to wrap around her shoulder to slow down the blood loss. She needed help, quick.

I looked at Lily, who was staring at me strangely.

"Lily, can you get her to a hospital or to a healer?" I asked.

Lily is incredibly fast and is strong enough to carry this girl. She'll be able to drop her off somewhere so she can get help.

"I don't think I'll need to." Lily replied.

"What do you-" I started to say, before being cut off by the sound of glass shattering.

A Takao goon flew out of the window of of one the buildings we were between. A familiar person stepped out of the WcDonald's window, after the goon.

"Irene?!" I gaped, my jaw wide open.

"Ken?!" She gasped, looking over.

Iris, Erica, and Yui all exited the building after Irene.

"Ken?!" They gasped, surprised.

"Ken...who is that woman?" Irene asked, a dangerous look on her face as she glared at the one-armed girl in my arms.

Now's not the time!

"She's nobody." I replied. "I don't know her. Yui, can you heal her?"

"If you reward me later~" Yui grinned, using her holy magic on the arm of the woman.

"I can't get her arm back, but I can stop her from bleeding to death." She informed.

"Thanks." I nodded.

"What's going on?" Erica asked me.

"Uh...just look over there..." I sweatdropped, pointing the chaos of Goku taking on multiple Takao goons and C Rank Monsters.

"Oh..." They replied, looking at the carnage.

"This is terrible." Erica gasped.

"I know." I nodded. "But it seems like it's over."

Looking back at Goku, he stood alone as the monsters were eliminated and the goons were knocked out.

We walked over to him, seeing if he was okay.

"You alright?" I asked him.

"I'm fine." He smiled. "Oh, hello Irene."

"Hello." Irene nodded.

"Boss!" Someone suddenly yelled, running into the park.

"One-Eye?" Goku wondered. "What are you doing here?"

"Good news, most of the Takao family members that have been causing chaos have been defeated by us and the Adventurers." One-Eye stated.

"But bad news, they can control an A Rank monster!" He revealed.

"What?!" We all simultaneously gasped.

I remember in the anime they could control monsters, but they never controlled an A Rank!

With each rank a monster goes up, it's danger goes up exponentially. Anyone with an Arcana can beat a D Rank. Only trained Arcana-users can beat a C Rank, like Adventurers-In-Training.

B Ranks require multiple Adventurers, or one powerful Adventurer. Like Bianca or her brother Brandon.

As for A Ranks, an S Rank can defeat it by themselves with difficulty, or a whole party of Adventurers have to fight it. And the strongest monsters, S Ranks, require multiple S Rank Adventurers to defeat them or a huge number of normal Adventurers.

Basically, A Rank is very dangerous, and shouldn't even be controlled by the Takao Family! Could it be because of my interference.

"Damn it." Goku growled. "They can even control an A Rank monster? Where is it?"

"It's on its way here!" One-Eye gasped.

The ground shook.

"Fuck."