8 - The Exam Goes A Little Off Course

The physical exam is here. Me, Eric, and Lily all stood about with the other students who had passed the test and awakened their Arcana. We were all in the courtyard, waiting.

Soon, the teachers would tell us the instructions and the exam would start.

"Can I see your sword?" Lily asked.

Woah! Hold on, let's get some more context here!

"Sure." Replied Eric. He manifested his Arcana into his hand, revealing a vibrant, golden European sword.

"Wow." Lily gasped. "So this is an S Rank in person..."

"Yeah..." Eric chuckled, slightly embarrassed.

"Surprised you got an S Rank?" I grinned.

"Yeah..." Eric repeated.

I can see that two days haven't numbed the shock of the situation.

"Welcome everybody to the physical exam." Aiko stated. "The exam will last for an hour, where you will do your best to destroy as many robots as possible. But do not worry, the robots are nonlethal and we have a kill switch if needed."

"This exam will be inside of a smaller, condensed version of Tokyo, and the robots will be modeled as different D to C Rank monsters." Aiko explained. "You may team up or stay alone, but you are not allowed to fight or injure other students."

"Now." She snapped her fingers. "Let's begin."

All of the sudden, we started to descend. Students gasped in surprise, but I knew this was coming due to the anime.

The courtyard started to descend downwards into the earth, revealing a city under the highschool.

If you didn't realize how major Legacy High is, now you know. They have a HUGE budget, and most of the best adventurers come from this school.

It's a big deal.

"This is incredible..." Eric gasped, gazing in awe at the small city around us.

"They had this under the courtyard?!" Exclaimed Lily.

"This is cool..." I muttered.

I would have never seen a sight like this back in my old life. Perks of living in a world that's years in the future, I guess.

The courtyard fully descended, now a park in the middle of the city.

"The exam starts now." Aiko stated. "I look forward to see what you are capable of."

Eric looked at me. "Team?" He asked.

I smiled. "Sure."

He then turned to Lily. "Team?"

Lily smiled. "I would love to!"

Eric, you're just digging your grave more and more. Soon she's going to fall for you, and then you've got one yandere after you.

Sorry buddy.

We ran in a direction away from the other students, determined to defeat as many monster robots as possible.

Unfortunately I don't know what the average amount of destroyed robots are, but since we have a whole hour it must be fairly high.

Being in this group with Eric and Lily will let me easily blend in. Hopefully I'll be able to hide in their shadows and stay fairly undetected by the teachers.

A robot monster turned onto our street, growling as we manifested our Arcanas. It had a gray body with blood red eyes. It's teeth were sharp, and it looked like a wolf.