21 - The Truth Of The Treacherous Knight

"If Cyrus did defect, then he's the most dangerous of any Royal Knight." Irene stated. "I don't believe he would, but..."

"You can't deny the possibility." I finished.

"Exactly." Irene nodded. "Cyrus is the only Royal Knight other than myself who has unlocked an Arcana."

"What Tier is he?" I asked with dread.

"Tier 5." Irene stated.

"That's...not as high as I was expecting." I replied, confused.

"Cyrus, unlike others, got a late start. He unlocked his Arcana much later than the average person, so he's had a shorter time to work with it." Irene stated.

"You can use this to your advantage. Despite being the same age, there's a huge difference between Brandon Tsuki and Cyrus. Brandon has had time to refine his techniques. Cyrus, not so much." Irene continued.

"Where are you going with this?" I wondered.

"He mostly relies on using his Arcana as an actual sword than the abilities that it gives. It doesn't mean he doesn't use it's abilities, but rather that he doesn't use them unless necessary." Irene explained.

"So I need to catch him off-guard and end the battle as quickly as possible?" I deduced.

Irene nodded. "That's the most likely way to win against him. It's only because of his nature that defeating a Tier 5 like him would be possible."

"So what is his Arcana then?" I asked.

"A Rank. Masamune." Irene stated.

"Oh crap." I muttered.

That memory played in my head, the memory of when Irene informed me about Cyrus and his A Rank Arcana. His Arcana was of one of the most famous swordsmiths of Japan.

But I wouldn't let that stop me. Especially now that I have an S Rank.

Cyrus swung his sword down onto Iris. I know she had enough power to stop it. But the shock of the betrayal on her face was evident, freezing her from saving her own life.

I rushed forward in an incredible burst of speed, barely blocking Masamune. I crouched right in front of Iris, holding Loki's side against Masamune. Cyrus widened his eyes at my sudden appearance, backing up.

He analyzed his situation. I watched as his eyes dart to me, Iris, Isaac, Eric and Irene. He knew he was outclassed. He didn't have a chance.

So he booked it.

"Irene!" I yelled. "Stay with Iris!"

I rushed after Cyrus. Defeating him now would eliminate a problem later.

"Wait!" Eric yelled, running with me. "I'm helping."

"What about Lily?" I asked as we exited the Ball Room, following the sprinting knight.

"She's with Irene, making sure nobody else comes to end Iris' life." Eric stated.

We dashed after the knight, running through hallways and hallways. Twists and turns, he continued to run. That was, until he ran into a dead end.

We stood on the other side of the hallway. He turned around to look at us, his back against the wall. Quite literally.

"I thought you were honorable Cyrus, but you went and betrayed your old friend." I stated.

"Shut up." He quietly replied. "It's not like I wanted to."

Wait...maybe I can get some information from him.