4 - I Don't Want To Die To A Dragon

I thought that canon started in a month. I may have been wrong.

In the first episode of the anime Eric is adjusting to his new life in Japan. But as he is outside, a rift opens up right by him and releases a lesser dragon.

This anime really likes the D - S ranked system, as monsters are also ranked that way. A lesser dragon is ranked as a B rank threat. While not the most dangerous, it's nothing to scoff at.

Lesser dragons are about the size of a bus, have strong armor, and breathe fire. They're dangerous.

And in the first episode one is released right by the defenseless Eric. But instead of running away like everyone else, he helps others get away.

This noble heart of his also puts him in extreme danger. But soon the Principal of Legacy High, with Bianca Tsuki, come to take out the dragon.

And upon seeing Eric's bravery or some stupid shit like that, as the principal, she asks if Eric wants to go to Legacy High, one of the best adventurer schools in the world.

Of course he says yes.

It's this event that kickstarts the whole anime.

But I didn't realize that it would be on his first day here! No wonder he was still adjusting to his new life, it was his first day!

"Eric, we need to get out of here." I said, backing up as the lesser dragon crawled out of the rift.

"But what about her?!" Eric cried, pointing towards a little girl who had attempted to run away, only to trip and fall. The mom looked behind her in horror seeing her daughter fall and seeing the lesser dragon turn towards said fallen daughter.

"Shit!" I cursed.

I may want to survive, but I still have morals. I'm not just going to see a little girl explode from being stomped upon by a big bad dragon.

That's disgusting. I'd be sick to my stomach for a long time.

I ran the quickest I ever have before, jumping and tackling the fallen little girl. The lesser dragon's foot stomped right where I just was, leaving a dragon footprint in the ground.

"Eric! Get the rest out of here!" I yelled at him.

Eric nodded, grabbing the arm of the mother to drag her away from the lesser dragon. "Come on! She'll be fine, I promise! Ken has her!"

He dragged the mom away as I picked up the little girl, cradling her in my arms. She couldn't have even been five yet. This could traumatize her for life.

At least it's better than death.

I quickly started to run away from the dragon while carrying the small girl. I could feel the heat of fire on my bum.

My god...I almost got roasted alive like a turkey.

The speed at which I was running somehow quickened as I heard the lesser dragon stomp after me.

I can't believe this I can't believe this I can't believe this I can't believe this I can't believe this I can't believe this I can't believe this I can't believe this I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!

My heart's pounding. I feel like I could die from a heart attack at any moment.

"Over here!" Eric yelled, waving me over.

"Did you get everyone out?" I asked him.

"I think so." He nodded.

"Take the child then. I'll distract the dragon." I decided.