97 - Hidden Truths

Aoi lightly clutched at her neck, feeling the skin instead of that collar. Her face was in a shock as a single tear went down her eye.

The most emotion I'd ever seen from her.

Aoi had completely stopped fighting. She even dematerialized her arcana. Now she was just standing there, muttering something about finally being free.

Suddenly she then moved towards me at quick speeds. As I was about to attack her she slammed herself onto my body, tightly hugging me.

"What...is going on?" Lily asked, clearly confused at the situation.

"Hey! Hands off!" Pouted Iris.

A couple of dangerous stares poured themselves into my back.

"It's not like you like being hugged by some random girl, right Ken? Right?" I heard Erica say in a eerie tone I hadn't ever heard from her before.

I was about to answer before Aoi cut me off, whispering two words under her breath.

"Thank you." She whispered, her voices muffled as her face was shoved into my chest.

Her collar...could it be she was being forced by the Demon King? That's dark. And the reason no one noticed is because she barely displays emotion.

And well, she was also trying to take off their heads, so it's obvious to think that she's gladly doing it.

That makes me feel sad for her in the anime. She never ends up being saved. It's possible that happens in the last episode, but for some reason I don't think that's the case.

However, I shouldn't jump the gun. She could be faking it. It could be a ploy for the Demon King to get a new "inside man" since I killed the king.

But when I remember that single tear that ran down her cheek, it's hard to imagine that she's faking it. The girl who is almost always emotionless (like Bianca) actually let out a tear.

Or she's good at crocodile tears.

Bianca walked over, staring at Aoi. Her eyes seemed to burn a gaze into her. Aoi detache herself from me looked at Bianca, their eyes connecting.

They stayed like that for a couple seconds, emotionlessly staring at each other as they seemed to have some sort of telepathic kuudere conversation.

And then Bianca raised her hand, placing it into Aoi's head and starting to pat it.

"Did they..." Yui started to say, utterly confused. "...Just bond from staring at each other?"

A rustling noise suddenly caught my attention, as Irene stumbled out of the tent. "What's...going on?" She asked.

"You alright?" I asked her, walking over to her.

"Yes..." She slowly replied. "Just a little tired."

Ironic, considering you just came out of a sleep.

"Why is Bianca patting her on the head? Isn't that a Child Of Lupercio?" Irene wondered.

"Yeah...apparently I somehow freed her or something from the Demon King. I'm not sure rather to trust her or not yet..." I replied.

"Hm." Irene hummed. "Let me go see."

Irene walked over to Bianca and Aoi. Oh god, now it's a whole kuudere group.

"You never answered my question Ken." A sickly sweet voice said from behind me as a chill ran down my spine. I could feel a bead of sweat condense on my forehead. Something dangerous was behind me.