102 - The Hole

"You do? Why?" Goku questioned.

"The info says that Brandon last was checking a hole before he went offline." Irene explained, having realized the same thing I did. She crouched down, peering into the hole. "He must have gone down here."

"So either somehow this hole blocked communications, or something happened to him in there." Irene determined.

"Well, I'd say I agree then." Goku replied, looking towards the hole.

Bianca clenched her fist, not happy with either of Irene's deductions. Being in the dark was dangerous, not able to contact for help. And obviously she doesn't want something to happen to him.

Aoi patted Bianca on the shoulder. These two have somehow become best friends in the short span of a couple hours, from when I freed Aoi to now.

"Alright, we've got about four hours left." Goku stated, checking the time. "And it took an hour to get to here, walking. If we are going to check this hole, then we need to come back when we have an hour left so we can make it back to the rift."

"What happens if we don't make it back?" Erica asked, even though we all already knew the answer.

"We'll be stuck here." Goku bluntly stated, saying the words none of us wanted to hear.

We stood in a silence, glancing at the hole. You couldn't see the bottom, or anything inside the hole. For all we knew it was a bottomless pit.

And then I had an idea.

Loki, you can shapeshift. But how much can you change yourself?

"What do you mean by that?" Loki curiously asked.

Like, if I were to turn you into a chain, how long would you be able to become?

"Well, forever-long in my prime." Loki stated. "But now as an Arcana...with your power, it'd still be quite a far amount."

Any approximates?

"5 miles?" Loki guessed.

Holy shit, that's far. You kidding me?

"Nope." Loki replied nonchalantly, popping the p.

That should be plenty then...

I summoned Loki, morphing him into a chain about a couple feet long. I handed one edge to Goku, who looked at me confused while I wrapped the other side around my waist.

I also summoned my armor for extra measure, in case I run into some sort of monster.

"Uhh, what's this?" Goku questioned.

"We don't know how far down it is, so I'll just have to find out." I stated. "You'll slowly descend me down the hole. I'll tug the chain if I need you to pull me back up."

"Smart." Goku grinned. "But this chain isn't long enough."

"Oh don't worry." I smirked. "It grows."

I started to climb down the side of the hole, the sharp fingers of my armored gauntlets stabbing into the material of the wall, whatever it was.

Slowly I started to descend, the chain Loki getting longer and longer. I let go of the wall with one hand, igniting it on fire to light up the darkness around me. I could still safely descend with one arm and two legs.

As I continued working my way down the seemingly endless hole, I didn't see anything different. The only thing that the fire illuminated was the other sides of the hole.

I continued downwards, with no end in sight. The fire only illuminated the area a couple feet around me, so I couldn't really see anything below.

And then finally the fire illuminated something. Under me was a black floor with little hairs. But I'm pretty sure that floors aren't supposed to have hairs...