48 - The Seventh Fight

"Everybody!" Akiyama's voice echoed through the speakers. "Due to an unexpected circumstance, one of the participants of the Seventh Fight has been replaced."

"But the show will go on! We have the replacement, and the fight will still be exciting! The Seventh Fight of the night will start soon." Akiyama stated.

The crowd cheered in anticipation.

To get to the fight ring in the middle of the room, there were two paths opposite of each other. Each one led from a tunnel to the arena.

I stood in one of the tunnels, waiting for the announcement to head onto the stage. Due to the fact I was about to fight however, I had changed my outfit.

I still wore my shirt and and shorts, but I now had bandages wrapped around my fists. However, in these fights most clothes are discarded.

So I'll be taking off my shirt. That's it. What did you think I was going to do? Get your mind out of the gutter.

"Why do you think I was thinking that?" Loki questioned me.

Shut up.

"You ready?" I heard Goku ask from behind me. "It'll be starting any moment now."

"Yeah." I replied, taking off my shirt and handing it to him.

So, why exactly am I doing this match?

The reason is for the money. With it, I can have enough to pay for any information that I may need for the future. And having extra money in this world can be useful for many other reasons.

Not to mention this will give me a chance to test my strength against a strong opponent. They shouldn't be as strong as Amber, but still pretty strong.

I'm looking forward to this.

"You have a scary grin forming on your face." Goku sweatdropped.

"Is it strange that I'm starting to get excited from fighting?" I asked.

"Not at all." Laughed Goku, slapping my back. "I was the same way."

"Get ready!" Akiyama suddenly announced. "The Seventh Fight is starting!"

"In our first corner, we have The Doom Plague, The Master of Deception, Shino Torasaki!" Akiyama stated.

The crowd cheered.

A man walked onto the path, dramatically throwing his hoodie off to show his ripped body. A single, large scar was located on his chest. Bandages were wrapped around his fists.

"Master of Deception? Please, if anybody then it's me." Scoffed Loki.

You're literally the God of Trickery.

"Yes? So?" Loki asked.

Nevermind...

"And in our other corner, we have newcomer Ken Kage, Student of the Legendary Goku Taiyou!" Akiyama continued.

I walked onto the path, heading towards the ring.

"What? That's the replacement?" I heard one crowd member say.

"That's just a kid!" Another one replied.

"That kids going to get murdered." Someone else sighed.

"He's pretty built for being so young." Another commented.

I jumped onto the other side of the ring, facing Shino. He looked at me, scoffing.

"Seriously? This is the replacement they got for me? This brat?" He sighed.