104 - Interrupting The Ritual

Erica, Emi, and I had been walking through the tunnels, taking turns as we tried to find a way to either someone else, or out of here.

On our journey we came across multiple Arachius, however we quickly wiped them out with Emi's help.

She was quite strong.

However, the low amount that we came across was still bugging me. I couldn't help but think that we should have encountered more.

Erica and I had our arcana's ready, while Emi held Avalon. When we'd encounter a monster she would drop it and summon her arcana.

Her arcana was a ragged black sword with a red gem in the center of the handle. I wasn't sure who it was, but it contained a fire element.

Her other arm had halfway healed, which meant it had probably been about half an hour that we have been wandering through these tunnels.

We're running out of time quick to find the others and get out of here to save Brandon. How did they do it in the anime? It didn't seem like they had done anything specific. Was it just luck?

We reached another split. As we were about to go down the sound of running footsteps reached our ears.

It was coming to the tunnel from our left.

"Shh..." Emi hushed. "Hear that?"

"Yeah..." Erica whispered.

We focused down the hallway as some people started to come into our vision. Irene and Bianca were running towards us, completely emotionless.

Until their eyes met with ours. I could see their eyes light up as they seemed to rush even quicker towards us.

Irene wrapped me in a strong hug, lifting me off of my feet. Bianca started to pat my head while Irene attempted to squeeze out my life.

"I-it's good to see you two as well..." I gasped.

Irene let me go, letting air back into my arms. I gave them both a quick hug. As I backed away from them I saw Emi looking at Bianca.

"Hey Bianca." Emi smiled.

"Emi." Bianca said, surprised. She gave her a quick hug. "Where is Brandon?"

"Some bastard took him." Cursed Emi. "We need to find the rest of your group then get out of here."

"You know her?" Irene asked, curious.

"Emi Yamamoto, my brother's girlfriend." Bianca stated.

"Nice to meet you." Emi nodded.

I saw Bianca finally notice the absence of Emi's arm. She stared at it, not saying a word.

Her fists tightened.

"Let's go." She decided.

"Let's go down that tunnel." I stated. "You guys came from that one, and we came from this other one. That tunnel is the only one we haven't touched."

"So it might lead us to the others." Irene stated my thoughts.

"Exactly." I nodded.

"It's worth a shot." Emi agreed.

We started to walk down the tunnel.

"This place keeps shifting. Almost like it wants to keep us inside." Irene thought aloud.

"Then what should we do to get out?" Erica asked. "We can't do the string method like Theseus."

"No." Irene shook her head. "But while the walls move, the tunnels stay the same. We just need to wait for the right ones to open."