24 - Two Are Better Than One

(Iris POV)

"So...you're telling me that my sister is now engaged to Kage?" I questioned.

"Yeah." Lily nodded.

Why is my heart hurting...?

It's probably nothing.

"I still don't understand him." I sighed. "I'd like to get along with him, especially since he's going to be my brother-in-law but he's always cold to me. Such a jerk."

"Huh?" Lily replied, confused.

"Huh?" I said, confused at her reaction.

"You said Ken was...cold?" She questioned.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Every time we meet."

"That's strange..." Lily replied.

"How come?" I wondered.

"Well, Ken's never been cold to me or Eric. Sure, he can be an asshole, but he's a kind asshole. I've never seen him be a straight-up jerk to anyone, actually." Lily explained.

"Really? Then it's just me?" I wondered, confused.

"Yeah. Did you do something to piss him off?" Lily asked.

I looked back into my memories, but the first time I can remember meeting him was at the library. He was a jerk back then as well.

"I don't remember doing anything to him..." I replied. "The first time we met he was a jerk."

"Hmmm..." Lily hummed. "What if he's a tsundere?"

"Like...from manga and anime?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yeah." Lily nodded. "He's always been one to deny, like how he denied that he helped with that battle between Cole and Eric even though I know he did."

Kage might have liked me...? Why does that make me feel so...elated?

"Then what about his engagement with Irene?" I asked.

"Well, both you and Irene look very similar, and as her bodyguard he was stuck by her side for quite a while. Maybe he ended up falling for her?" Lily wondered.

Could...that be true?

"And when I asked, he tried to deny that they were dating." Lily added. "I've been having suspicions, but I'm pretty sure he's a tsundere."

Could Kage really be a tsundere?

If so, that means he might have liked me. After all, no matter how much I search my memories I can't find a single reason for him to hate me. And like Lily said, I've never seen Kage act like that towards anyone else. I was the sole exception.

And I know he's kind. He helped me with the situation between Lily, Eric, and Cole. I ended up looking at the usb file and I found that he somehow did get a video.

How he did that still eludes me, but maybe that has something to do with the increase in security that happened the day after?

But if he is tsundere, it would certainly explain his attitude.

But that would mean he would like me...

Like me...

Like me...

"You like him, don't you?" Lily suddenly asked.

"W-what?!" I exclaimed in surprise.

"It's obvious." Lily smiled. "You're like me."

Wait...If you're like me...

"You like someone Lily?" I gasped.

Lily blushed a deep red. "...yeah." She quietly confirmed.