catching up

EREN POV:

"Ready Armin?" I shouted out my window across to his car.

"As always! Maybe we'll finally break the tie," he snickered as he stepped on the gas.

A woman was standing between our cars in front of him. She held up her gun and fired, we both took off down the pitch-black street.

This was practically a gamble with our lives, you can't really see anything at these types of races until you get to the tunnel so if you crash you crash, an idiots game really.

I was ahead of him, as always. The thrill of things always put me in a better mood, kept my mind off all the shit that's been happening. I needed this. The sound of the engine always seemed to keep it calm while simultaneously bringing me a feeling of adrenaline.

I added more pressure to the gas, driving a 2020 Chevrolet Corvette was not usually used for this much reckless behavior but I have the funds to crash it if I wanted so I don't really care what happens to it.

I looked at my phone and saw Armin was calling, I answered it through my car and heard him laughing.

"Quick bastard!" He joked.

"You've gotta be faster Armin! With a car like that shouldn't you be ahead of me?"

"Oh be quiet!" He teased as I swerved down the next path.

"Don't go easy on me cupcake!" I teased while hanging up.

We raced down the last tunnel, bright lights and only space for two cars. We were close to each other and as I escaped from the tunnel I was in the lead again. I had the race in the bag for sure. That is, until I received a call from Carlos.

I picked up the phone which was my first mistake.

"Yeah, Carlos?"

"I got the video evidence you needed," he stated.

"Holy shit?! Really?" I replied in disbelief, yet again another mistake.

It had just rained, the road was way too slick to even be racing here but I obviously didn't care. Armin and I always had a thing we did if I was ahead of him, he'd tap the back of my car with his except this time the small tap made me swerved into the street light pole.

"Shit!"

I managed to only crash into the passenger side while the front seat just barely made it. The windshield was destroyed and prices of glass were covering my lower body as my legs were stuck in the car.

"Armin!" I shouted from my seat as I could already hear the damn police sirens.

"Shit Eren!" He replied while rushing over.

"You gotta get out of here, I can get away with the charges easily. I'm not hurt either so go," I demanded.

He stared at me for a moment before I stuck my hand out the window and shoved him off the car. I licked the blood off my lip as he rushed off.

"I'll text you!" I shouted while I hopped out the window.

The cop cars approached as if they had been waiting for me to fuck up, per usual.

"Fuckkk my head hurts," I groaned as I limped up and put my hands up in front of the cop car.

"Office Cane! I haven't seen you since I got charged with assault, long time no see princess," I teased while he slammed me down onto the hood of the car with my hands behind my back.

"Tighter. I like it when you're kinky with me Officer!!" I joked as he put the handcuffs on.

"Oh shut up,"

"I would love to stay here and entertain your weird fantasies about me but I really need to get to the hospital. My ribcage feels like it's caving in and my stitches reopened, my head also hurts and this cop car isn't making me feel better," I groaned.

"You can go there right after you get this written up. I'm sure you'll slither out of the charges," he put me in the back seat and slammed the door shut.

My lip was bleeding again and my hair was all messed up, how rude.

"Can you speed up a bit? I'm exhausted,"

"Be quiet before I tase you," he snapped as he drove.

"You must be a masochist. Personally, I am more of a public sex kinda guy ya' know?" I laughed as my wrist started hurting and I put my head on the window.

I never seem to learn my lesson.

Y/N POV:

"Huh? It's 2 AM Carlos? What happened now?" You groaned as you answered the phone.

"Well, you see...I'm really sorry to bother you but you're the only person he'll speak to. Eren has been arrested again after another accident but he's in the hospital now," Carlos informed.

"What? Is it serious?!" You asked as you perked out of bed and put your slippers on.

"Well. It could be, he hasn't taken his medicine and they said something about his ribs being-"

"I'm on my way," You cut off as you hung up and rushed downstairs to the front door.

You walked out to your car and got in while you rushed out to the hospital address Carlos texted you. You were worried and you hated it yet again but you just wanted to know if he was alive.

You parked in the hospital parking deck and rushed to the elevator. You clicked the buttons aggressively as if it would make the elevator come down any faster. The doors open and you walked inside and waited for them to open up in the lobby of the hospital.

"Carlos?!" You shouted as you looked for him in the lobby.

"He's in room 63, right down there on the right," he instructed.

"Wait! There's something you should know-...and she's gone," he muttered as you ran down the hall.

You looked at every door until you came across number 63. You pushed it open and saw Eren laying on the hospital bed.

"I told you...I'm not talking to any cops until I see y/n Cane," he mumbled as his eyes were hazy.

"It's not Cane you, idiot," you blurted as you closed the door behind you.

"Y/N?" He muttered under his breath as he pointed to you with a loopy look on his face.

"Yes..."

You sat down next to him and he stared at you while realizing who you were.

"I've got something important for you," he muttered.

"Eren you'd not need to do anything. Just sit still and recover please," you assured.

"No," he reached over to his side and pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?"

"There's a video you need to see. It's my proof," he stated as he unlocked his phone and turned it sideways while positioning it in front of you.