can't

Your workday was pretty light since it was a Sunday, you started sketching out another painting for you to work on this week and replied to some emails for 6 hours straight.

You got to be seated though so luckily your feet weren't hurting like usual.

"You can go home now Miss Y/N. We'll finish up here for the weekend. We also have to make preparations for the collaborative exhibition on Monday," Mikasa insisted.

"Sounds great. Enjoy your evening," you muttered as you walked out the office doors.

You walked back to your car and drove yourself to Eren's, you had no intention of making a scene nor were you upset. You were just curious as to who she is as you drove you pondered on how to present the question without sounding like you were jealous or something.

Carlos heard you parking in the driveway and opened the front door for you as you got out of the car and approached.

"Is he here?" You asked.

"Yep, he's upstairs in the art studio but I will tell you that he is in a bit of a mood since meeting his dad again," he informed.

You nodded with a soft smile and walked up to meet Eren upstairs. You found him sitting at the desk staring at the computer silently.

"Eren?" You blurted.

"Yeah?" He replied while still staring at the computer.

"Jeez, could you stop staring at the computer for a sec? I came to ask how the talk with your dad went," you informed as you sat on the couch across from his desk.

"Fine," he replied calmly.

His eyes were still glued to the computer screen with his simple responses as he didn't acknowledge you at all.

"Are you going to keep giving me half-assed responses?"

"Yes," he said.

You rolled your eyes as you groaned in annoyance and sat up from the couch.

"Mr. Jaeger, Historia is here to see you," another man informed.

"I'll meet her in five minutes," he replied as he ignored you...still.

"Who is Historia?" You blurted as you were tired of waiting to ask.

"No one,"

"Really? I wonder if she would react if I told her you referred to her as "no one" ?" You said slyly.

He closed his computer down firmly and stood up to approach you.

"What the hell are you getting at here?!" He snapped.

"All I asked is how did things go with your dad and who is Historia. Just tell me for fucks sake and stop making things so damn difficult!" You snapped at him as he stood in front of him.

He placed his hand under your chin and leaned into your ear.

"Who the hell do you think you are giving orders?" He whispered harshly.

"Keep it up Eren. This nonchalant act won't get you anywhere if I know you're lying," you replied.

"Lying, huh? Bold of you to assume that you mean more to me than what we've established," he stated boldly.

"Is that so? Then why don't we place a little bet?" You suggested.

"No bet-"

"No, you said bets on me. You never said I couldn't place a bet myself and who am I to listen to you?" You insisted.

"What's the bet?"

"Since I'm so invaluable to you, you should have no problem keeping your hands off me. No sex or affection from each other whatsoever," you stated as he stared you down.

"Oh, so you wanna see who folds first? You're right, it won't be a problem at all."

You could feel your throat tightening since you were annoyed with him and the room was tense. You hated it.

You clenched your fist as is jaw clenched in synch.

"Good. We won't have a problem with then," you snapped as you turned and walked out.

You walked down his steps and saw Carlos waiting at the door with Historia on the couch. You made eye contact with her and saw the bruise you left on her face, she recognized you after a moment of glancing.

"That's the bitch who punched me!" She shouted in shock.

"Sure is," you replied as Carlos opened the door for you.

"See you around Miss.Y/N!" Carlos said as he walked you out.

"She what?" Eren blurted from inside.

Carlos closed the door as he gave you a face of laughter and you walked to your car. You opened the car door as you were a bit tense and drove yourself back home.

Once an asshole, always an asshole.

You rolled your eyes in annoyance at the idea of how much you two bickered and never found a meeting point.

You hated being tense it always made you overwhelmed with the feeling of being angry. Usually, when you were angry, tears would fall down your face in frustration, not sadness.

You were relieved that you didn't cry in front of Eren because you probably would have lost it right then and there if you let him get the best of you. You didn't think this would be too hard, sex with him was different for sure but what he won't or can't do...someone else will.