again and again

"Glad you could meet me y/n. I saw one of your paintings being talked about in an article recently and I'm shocked with how much you've improved and grown!" He complimented as you looked at the menu.

"Thank you so much, it's all thanks to you! You'd be surprised to hear who thinks the complete opposite of my work," you joked.

He put his tea down and looked at you a bit confused.

"Who...?"

"Eren Jaeger. He recently commented on a couple of my art pieces and he finds them, and I quote "bland and exactly the same" you muttered with a slight laugh.

"Wow, when you said that he sounded exactly like his father. I'm sure you know his father was a well-known artist as well but got arrested a few years back for illegal trafficking of museum artifacts. Apparent he trafficked some sort of ancient syringe filled with something," he informed.

"Jeez, that would explain why Eren's such a stick in the mud. He barely jokes or gets my jokes too," you replied.

"Really? Are we talking about the same Eren? The last time I remember back in college he was very...wild to say the least. Your typical college white boy, sleeping around, weed, illegal racing...and then eventually his father came to me and asked me to settle him down. That's when he took an interest in art but he still had the same wild child personality," Erwin addressed.

"Illegal racing? If you knew that how the hell did he manage to stay enrolled?"

Erwin shot you a look with his eyebrow slightly raised and a grin as he took a sip from his tea.

"Oh...right, his dad probably had something to do with that," you muttered.

"What can I get you two?" The waitress asked.

"I'll have a bagel, toasted with butter please," you ordered.

Erwin ordered a donut and you continued talking and catching up.

"I wouldn't stress it. Though he is known for his art critiques, I've seen lots more love for your art than criticism. What does he dislike about it anyway?" He asked.

"He says my lack of colors makes all my paintings emotionless and all have the same feeling despite their being different images,"

"Well that's quite ironic," Erwin said with a chuckle.

"Hm?"

"When I first started introducing him to art, all he wanted to use was black and white. While you know how to make black and white filled with feeling, he cannot portray black and white as you can," he said.

"Aw! Thank you, Erwin, I'm glad someone else sees it that way. But Hitch said something that is sticking with me for some reason,"

"Which is?" He questioned.

"She said if things were the opposite then I'd be reacting differently. She says if everyone else hated my art but he loved it that it would make a difference because of his history in the industry," you stated.

"That's true. But you have to consider this, are things currently opposite? No, therefore his opinion should be practically irrelevant to you because art is subjective and an opinion isn't objectively right or wrong,"

"This is why you're my favorite teacher. Thank you, Erwin," you replied with a soft smile.

"I had another question. I saw a group of paintings in Eren's house of the same exact woman and it's been really bothering me. Do you have an idea of who she could be...?" You asked.

"Uhm... I do but that's not really my place to tell you

After eating your food for a couple of minutes you saw Erwin glance to the door behind you then look back at you while biting into the donut awkwardly.

"Speak of the devil..." he muttered.

You gave him a confused look as you grabbed your jacket, preparing to leave, and saw Eren enter the shop.

"Oh god..." you groaned in annoyance.

"He can't be that bad?" Erwin whispered.

"Oh, Hey Professor Erwin!" Eren cheered as they exchanged eye contact and he approached you.

"Good seeing you after all this time," he greeted as they stood up to exchange a handshake and half hug.

"Oh, Hey Y/N. And you're right we do seem to run into each other a lot," he stated softly.

"Yep. I'll be going now, I'll stay in contact Erwin," you informed while getting up and starting to walk to the door.

"Alright-"

"Excuse me. Y/N, wait!" He muttered as you walked out the bakery doors.

You felt him grab your arm as the door was about the close and held your arm as he stood infront of you outside in the rain.

"What is it? Make it quick because I'm getting rained on," you demanded.

"I know you don't really accept apologies but I'm sorry for coming across rude again. I'm still willing to help you-"

"Willing to? I didn't ask for your help in the first place nor do I need it. Thank you for your "criticism" but you can take it elsewhere to someone who needs it," you stated as you snatched your arm back.

You opened your car door and he stood calmly.

"Just stop being so stubborn and let me help you!" He shouted.

You pressed the start button and pulled out the parking lot. You ignored his attempt at trying to "help" you but you weren't vying his hero complex's bullshit at all.

It was around 8 by this point and you wanted to check if the other museum was open. You made a U-turn to head back to the museum that was far from where you were even though it'd be quite a drive home.

You saw that the lights were still on and pulled infront of it while looking for the director. You saw a woman standing in a maroon tux with short black hair and a scar under her eye as you approached.

"Excuse me, are you the director or person in charge here?" You asked.

"I am, I'm assuming you're Y/N L/N? I'm Mikasa Ackerman," she informed.

"I am! I came here to discuss accepted the offer to have my art signed over here and showcased,"

"Great! I'll have you sign a couple of papers then you can send over your art and we'll have them put up immediately," she cheered.