Chapter 19

I'm full from the dinner Alex made for me. I go to rest on the living room couch. 

I don't even want to think about going back home tonight, or maybe even ever?

Alex cleans up and meets me in the living room. 

"Want to watch a movie?" He asks. 

"Sure," I shrug my shoulders and he motions me to follow him.

It feels like we take a path to Narnia and when we reach there, it's a built-in movie theater in the basement. I'm in shock because these people got money. 

"Might get crowded tonight so choose seats wisely, Miss." Alex acts as a rude server and I laugh at his bad acting.

Alex asks what I would like to watch and I ponder before answering.

 "Anything that's comedy," I say. 

I wander down the stairs and pick seats in the middle because that's the best spot to see the whole screen.

When Alex comes back, he has popcorn, candy, and soda in his hands.

"Whoa," my eyes widen at all the items he has. "I'm still full from dinner." 

"Who said this was for you?"

I look at him in an offensive manner.

"I'm kidding," He jokes. "It's okay if you don't want it."

I realize I really do enjoy his presence and I caught myself laughing a lot this evening. Something  I haven't done in a while.

"You joke a lot," I say.

"I know," he replies back. "Is that bad?"

I shrug my shoulders, "depends on the situation."

"Can I ask you something now?" He questions.

"Shoot," mocking him from earlier with a smile. 

I can sense the tense and serious demeanor from him as he asks, "How did you get that scar?"

I lose my smile and my face falls flat. Of course he was going to ask, he just had to catch you off-guard first. 

"Sorry, I don't mean to-"

"No, i-it's okay. I-" I begin.

I sigh. Am I really ready to tell him a part of me? A stranger?

The same feeling of warmth appears again when he told me to not worry when I first met him.

"My mom."

He waits for me to continue. He's staring at me but I can barely stand the sight of looking at others when telling them my life. 

I feel pathetic and I don't need their sympathy. 

"My dad wasn't the man he is now," My voice becomes shaky. "My mom got pregnant with me when she was younger and he was forced to marry her. He really resented me-us. My mother always try to please him, but he didn't want her. He wanted this prestigious life." I laugh in sadness. The tears come rushing out and I quickly wipe it away. 

"They were always working- trying to make ends meet and I guess it was just too much for them to bear. They constantly turned to drugs and alcohol. I was left alone- physically, mentally, emotionally," I sniffle. "They did anything for drugs- they almost sold me." I look to Alex and anger is clearly on his face. 

"They almost sold you? What the fuck? For drugs? Low life fuckers." 

I look away from his gaze. "There were times where I do remember being happy but those moments only last for so long. One day, my dad decided he wanted to sober up and that same day, he decided he was also leaving us." 

"He abandoned you and your mom?"

I nod, "Yeah, that's when the beatings came."

"Beatings? From your mom? How old were you?" He questions. 

"Yes. Fourteen."

I look up at Alex, his jaw is clenched and the anger is back on his face. He looks like he wants to punch something and I'm a little afraid now. 

"It's okay now," I put my hand over his to show my little courage.

"That's so fucked, Eva. I'm so sorry." Sadness takes over his face and I want it to go away.

"Did he do that?" He asks angrily, pointing to my head. 

I look away. 

I don't know how to answer him? 

What do I even say? I don't want my dad to be cut off from the Sterling's deals.

"Eva," he states sternly.

"What does it matter, Alex? It's over now." I get up to leave.

"Eva," he spins me around, "What the fuck do you mean does it even matter? Of course it does! That bastard left you two and let you get abused!" He's screaming but not at me. 

He's screaming for me, something I needed when I was a child. 

I think about the night of the accident and wonder if I want to tell him, but I get my answer.

"He's still my father."

"Bullshit."

"Alex-"

"He hurt you didn't he?" He states harshly. "That's why you called Ash. It's probably why you aren't going home tonight. Am I right?"

I sigh and roll my eyes, "No, I want to go home."

"You're lying."

"Take me home, Alex." I say sternly. I storm out of there and wonder why I told him any of this in the first place. 

.

.

.

Hi! 

First, I want to say THANK YOU FOR THE ENDLESS SUPPORT YALL! I swear you all love my babies just as much as I do. Being able to create and share something so close to me with complete strangers who love it as much as I do?? Ugh. NowTHAT is a true romance (lol). 

Second, I tried to push out 16 chapters from my last upload because I'll be in my nursing program for that long (Yay me!) But it's super rigorous so I need ALL the focus on that. I'll be MIA until December. 

Just know I'm so thankful for the support and for all the babes I support- I promise I will continue to when I come back (or when I need a break, which will be always, lol but you know).

What did you think about this chapter? Comment your thoughts! Your votes are appreciated. 

JUST THANK YOU SO MUCH. XOXO