Chapter 3

I feel the light peeking through from the window and my eyes decide to open slowly. I roll over to my dresser and grab my phone to look at the time. 

6:00 A.M. 

I take a deep breath in and lift myself up. My back feels all wet and I get hit with a breeze of cold air but I ignore it. I ruffle my hair in the back and I still feel the effect of grogginess from sleep. However, I swing my legs over to the side of my bed and decide to get ready for the day. 

These past six months have been a trial of my healing but I feel like I will never fully recover. I always ask myself, why am I so weak and why can't I get a hold of myself, even for a moment. 

I'm powerless in everything I do, physically and mentally. I'm also a perfectionist that takes hours to do just one thing. At the end, I'm completely drained of energy. 

I just want to make everyone proud of me even if I barely have anyone. 

I adore Heather and the twins but I can't stand being in this life sucking house with him. What I went through with my father last month was just a preview of how our relationship truly is. When we're out in public, he builds me up and treats me like a daughter of his. However, as soon as we're away from the public's eyes, he tears me apart and is disowning me.

My mind is ruthless. 

I'm surprised he's never laid hands on you, you bratty girl. 

I shake my head in disbelief as if he would really do that. 

He resents me but not to the point where he would physically beat me. I fight with myself. 

Maybe if he pretends long enough, he'll actually love you. 

I sigh and shake my head at myself. You're pathetic, Eva. 

I roll my eyes and shake the thoughts. 

I, however, am thankful for August finally coming to an end. I'm starting my classes soon and I'm ready to get out of this house, away from him. 

I might have not had a good home life, but I really enjoy learning and I care a lot about my grades. I just hope this new school won't be as bad as my old one. 

When I get out of the shower, I hear a knock on the door. I grab and wrap a towel around myself and when I open it, I see a smiling Heather in front of me. 

I step out slightly as Heather tells me Good Morning. 

"Hi Heather, What can I do for you?" I ask. 

"Oh dear, why do you say it as if you're a maid? You're far from that." She gives me a small laugh. "I was just checking on you because I heard the shower running and I thought it was too early for you to be up yet here you are." She gives me a warm smile. 

"How did you sleep?" She asks. 

"Fine," I lie. I do not sleep fine. There hasn't been a night where I'm not either waking up screaming, profusely sweating, uncontrollably crying, or all three. 

She's still trying to wake up and tells me, "That's good." She gives me a small smile, "I don't think I heard any screaming from your room last night."

I was screaming but I didn't want you to hear it. 

I think that's another reason my father hates me living here. I have these terrible nightmares of what happened that night and sometimes a mixture of events that has happened to me before. 

Heather always tried her best to comfort me when I do wake up screaming but I learned to muffled them because I didn't want to burden her. 

I think I was giving her a blank face because she decides to ask me something else.