Chapter 18

It happens I don't have a concussion but I do have to get some stitches. 

However, Dr. Murphy says it shouldn't leave a scar like my other one. I say my thank you and he tells me to stay out of trouble which results in me laughing and telling him I'll try.

"Hungry?" Alex asks when I come out of the room. My stomach rumbles and I nod my head.

"Would you like take-out? Or?"

"Or?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

He lights up a smile, "Or I can cook."

"Child of a multi-million company says what?"

He rolls his eyes, "Yes, we grew up with helpers but I can prove you wrong."

"Prove me wrong then," I'm in his space and his eyes twinkle as he accepts this challenge.

I watch Alex as he pulls out ingredients from the fridge and I see it's bread, deli meat, cheese, and veggies. I look at this smart ass in front of me and I want to slap that shameless look off his face.

He chuckles as I do and asks, "Sandwiches?"

"Sandwiches are an art form that no one pays attention to," he says in a serious tone. 

I can't tell if he's joking or if it's an actual thought he's deeply profound on.

"I'm fucking with you," He says and laughs, "you should see your face."

I smile as I shake my head at him.

"Alright but honestly. Do you have any food allergies?"

"Nope," I answer him.

He pulls out different ingredients and I'm curious what he's making now. I ask if he needs any help and he tells me to stay put.

As I watch him, I can tell cooking is something he really likes to do. It's a zen for him.

"Can I ask you something?"

He looks up from his chopping, "Shoot."

"Who taught you how to cook?"

He smiles and continues chopping, "Our cook- Beth. She was this sweet, old lady that always caught me in the kitchen. My parents were always away when Damien and I were kids. Naturally, I just rebelled and one day, she caught me licking my fingers from this massive chocolate cake she made." He looks up, I think maybe to check if I'm still listening and I am. I'm interested in what he has to say.

He goes back to chopping, "I thought she would punish me but instead, she cut a piece and gave it to me. I've just gravitated towards the kitchen since then. Obviously, Day was-is the good kid so they automatically loved him as did he. It just made me appreciate the help we had."

Out of random, he shifts the attention onto me, "Do you know how to cook?"

I shake my head, "No. Not at all."

"And you were supposed to be my sous-chef here?" He jokes.

I raise my brow at him, "Sous-?" I get cut off by him.

"They're basically the second in command in the kitchen, working alongside the main chef."

"Oh," is all I say.

I think he wants to make fun of me but he surprises me when he asks, "Would you like to learn? Maybe not right now, but another day?"

Is Alexander Sterling asking me to hangout on a different day?

No, he's just teaching you life skills.

I give him a small smile, "I'd like that."

- - - - - 

When Alex is done making the meal, the kitchen is filled with pleasant spices and my nose is enjoying it. 

He puts the dish in a big, white plate and slides it to me on the island.

"Homemade beef stroganoff- noodles, beef strips, and mushrooms. I like it a bit creamier than others," He shrugs, "I hope you like it." 

It looks so good, my mouth waters.

"It looks and smells amazing. I've never had this."

He looks at me in disbelief. I get confused when he picks up my fork and grabs the food off of my plate. 

"Open wide," He says playfully.

"I can feed myself, thank you very much." I take the fork from him as he snickers.

"Mmm," I say in pleasure. I look at Alex but he's already staring at me, I can't read the emotion on his face. I swallow my food and ask, "Something wrong? Are you not eating?"

"Nah," He shakes his head, "I'm not hungry." He comes to sit down next to me.

I frown. If I knew he wasn't hungry, I wouldn't make him cook.

"I know something else that you'll find pleasurable," He says under his breath.

"What?" I didn't hear him clearly.

"Nothing," He says innocently but wears a guilty face.

I narrowed my eyes on him, wanting to make him tell me. 

"Just finish your food, Pipsqueak."

I ignore what he could have said and finish my dinner but I smile at his comment, calling me pipsqueak. 

.

.

.

Comment what your thoughts?:) Appreciate your votes. 

Love your endless support! xoxo <3 

One more chapter until I come back in December :( [Possibly earlier or later, depending on my schedule.) 

Thanks for being so patient and supportive of me! <3 ugh. I love y'all!