Chapter 14

When we get to the car, I feel their pressure of swinging on my body three times before tossing it in the back seat. My crying doesn't stop- I sound like a puppy needing their owner. 

"Shut the hell up, Eva!" My mother hushes me. "It's there in the fucking morning. Someone could hear you." 

I try my best to calm the crying and my mother gets into the driver side while Randy hops into the passenger side. 

The car rumbles and roars as we head off onto the road. My body shudders from the lack of warmth that's not given to me. I feel the agony and bring my hand up to my head, the thickness is dripping, covering her backseat and I tremble. I don't want to think about the infliction when she finds out what I did here. 

My body isn't buckled in and I just know I'll fly out the window. Because that's what they say right? 

Wear a seatbelt to save your life. 

What an ignorant saying, no one is here to save me from life. 

I start to feel the car slide from my mom's control. 

"M-mom, a-are we o-okay?" I ask her. 

"Shut it!" She snaps back at me and I simply feel more insignificant, if that's possible. 

I know she's high and drunk. Her lack of control slips even more- the mockery that I'll still die by her hand. The backend starts to drift back and forth roughly and I get thrown onto the floor. I want to groan or cry- anything but I don't. While the car is slipping, so is my existence. 

There's nothing to bring me to life anymore. 

As I lay here, I hear the wheels screeching, trying to grip the road as best as it can. The turns become more dramatic and rough. I hear Randy's pleading to slow down and fear of crashing.

The event felt like I was bumped by another player in Mario Kart to be thrown off track.

I feel the car swing too fast and spin in full circle before crashing into something hard, that makes my body jerk forward and up. 

My body jolts and I hear a constant beeping sound. I figure that's my alarm that needs to be shut off. I try to roll over to do that but my arms feel to heavy to move. Panic fills my mind, am I paralyzed? What did I do? 

I try to open my eyes to see but they feel stuck together like glue. 

"Eva..." I hear someone whisper my name and rest their hand on my arm. Where am I?

The beeping speeds up due to the fact I don't know where I am or who I'm with. My head feels heavy and my mind feels foggy. 

"Eva, can you hear me? It's your heartbeat. You're safe now, no need to be anxious." It's a deep, worried but soft spoken voice. I try to piece the voice and image of the person talking in my mind. 

Alex? 

Now he's being nice again? 

The beeping slows down and I decide to try to open my eyes again. A blurry, white background of brightness appears before my eyes adjust to an outline of a figure in front of me.

I blink slowly before my eyes clear. When my eyes open the third time, I see Alex with his arms crossed loosely by the door. He looks restless and I can't read his emotions, but maybe mad? 

He breaks the silence again, "You're in my parent's guest room. Ash covered you- the story is you crashed at her place. You can go home whenever you're clear to leave." 

I gulp. What does he mean? "Clear to leave?" I ask. 

He nods, "Yeah, it means whenever you're good to go," He says in a sarcastic tone. 

I'm in no mood to be playing a game with him but he's so snobby. I questioned him, "So what did you do to me?" 

He narrows his eyes at me. "Wait, you think I did something to you?" He sounds offended, good. 

I don't answer him. I don't think he did but why is he here? 

The door opens as he opens his mouth again, "I didn't do fucking shit to you." 

"Whoa there, big boy." A man says sarcastically. He points to the door with his finger. "Leave and hey, thanks for coming to get me."

Alex still stands in the room and doesn't budge. I keep my gaze on him as he does on me, ready to defend himself. 

I don't care what he wants, I want him to leave.

 "Alex?" The man asks again. 

"You almost got raped and not by me. I saved you. You're welcome, ungrateful little shit." He says calmly as he turns around and storms off this time. 

My temper is raising as I say sarcastically, "My freaking hero!" I sit there in my anger as this man continues to stare at me. 

He clicks his tongue and clears his throat. "Hello Eva. I'm Doctor Murphy, long time friend and doctor of the Sterling's. How are you feeling?" 

"Fine," I lie, as always. 

"Hm. Well I have some questions for you to answer, are you up for that right now?" 

Doctor Murphy gets his questioning, tests, and health baseline done for me. It was tough to discuss what happened so he did most of the talking. As we finish up, Astrid and Damien enter into the room, followed by a dark-haired fellow. 

My mind questions who that could be but I find out quickly enough. 

"We were so worried about you!" Astrid throws her arms around me. "How are you feeling?" 

"You know, just fine." I smile at her as tears are forming in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Eva." Her voice breaks, "It's m-my fau-" 

"No!" I rest my hand on hers. "Don't blame yourself, you did nothing wrong. I walked away with..." I make eye contact with the handsome stranger behind them. 

He looks guilty. 

"Hi Eva," He gives me a side smile. "These are for you," He hands me a bouquet of roses and looks down. "I blame myself, I shouldn't have left you. When I walked away from you to look for your friends, I got swept by security. We couldn't leave and I had no way of coming back to you." He whispers, "I'm sorry."

When he's done, he looks up at me but I'm smiling at him. I smile at the fact he remembered my fake name and got me actual roses. It may be stupid but it's comical to me. 

"I'm sorry for lying," I state, "I didn't think I'd see you again." 

Will breaks a laugh, "Well you thought wrong." 

.

.

.

Hi,

If you're a reader and sometimes we forget. This dream is a continuation of Chapter 3! 

What do you think of Will? Comment your thoughts! 

Don't forget to vote! Thanks for the support babies. XOXO

- A