Chapter 10

Fuck me.

My parents don't have any regard to mine and Nadia's relationship.

They think she's so fucking perfect.

That our break-up means a break-up but in quotations, like what the fuck? As if we're still together just with no label. They think that eventually we're going to get married but that's not the fucking case.

When I go home after class to see her in the fucking kitchen with my mother, I'm beyond annoyed and turn around to leave. However, I'm too slow because  my mother sees me and calls me over.

"Alexander, look who's here."

I don't give a fuck.

I look over and see Nadia already staring and smiling at me.

I feel a buzz from my phone and pull it out to find a text from Damien.

[Damien:] Please come get me from school?

I'll be there, I answer mentally. I don't text him back and I hope he doesn't get angry at me. I put my phone away and look up to my mom.

I motion between her and Nadia, "What's this?" I say, annoyedly.

My mother is dumb founded and states, "Well, I thought she could be your date at your party this weekend."

Why? What the fuck.

"Why?" I state quickly with attitude, "I don't need a date. It's my party."

"Honey, you always need someone to accompany you and you two look great together. Your father and I decided it's almost time to let others know that you'll be taking over the company."

I scoff and roll my eyes. For fuck's sake, I'm not five.

"There's no reason for this to happen. You can leave Nadia," I state coldly. "Don't mean to waste your time."

Nadia stands up quickly and says happily, "Oh it's not a problem, I'm more than happy to be arm candy." She decides it was a good idea to wink at me.But I keep on a poker face, knowing that the only thing I want is to get away from her as fast as possible. I just know Damien will say some shit.

Is she not fucking understanding what I'm trying to say?

"It's fine Nadia. I don't need-"

"Alexander," my dad's deep voice emerges throughout the kitchen.

I don't want to be your puppet. I don't need anyone by my fucking side.

"You will do this," He states with authority. "Especially if you want my company. You will marry someone of status and has been by your side."

I'm not fucking getting married, fuck! I refuse to be fucking bound to this psycho nor do I want the fucking company!

"I don't want thi-" I cut get off by the boom of my father's voice.

"Alexander Sterling! You will do as I say! There are many investors and business partners showing up, do not fuck this up. You need Nadia because you messed up. A man always needs his woman." He's fuming and I don't want to make him anymore mad.

I don't want this stupid company. He just wants me to take it over to keep it in the family name since I'm the oldest.

And I didn't fuck anything up- I don't want fucking Nadia, not anymore. My anger is radiating off of me and I want to refuse the dramatic situation bother me even more. I stare back at the man who's raised me to be just like him as I strain through my teeth, "Fine."