The Louvre

#######
Pov: Evelyn
#######

"Pst, Evelyn"

We were sitting in class listening to the teachers lesson about ancient Greece. When Fae succeed In her attempts to gain my attention. I raise a questioning eyebrow at her.

"Did you receive my text last night? You never responded."

"Ah, no I forgot to listen to them, then I overslept this morning. What did you say?"

"Well after school we are going to go to the Louvre, they have a new exhibit on acient history, and with the project coming up we wanted to get a jump start."

"I have always wanted to go to the Louvre. Do you know if they have an audio guide?"

"I'm not actually sure if they have any, but I think they do have actual guides that walk around and explain each exhibit."

"Well that will work then. Oh, but wait. I think I have track practice again today."

Damien interjected, he had been listening.

"Not today, the instructor sent out a message this morning informing everyone that the meet was canceled today."

"Oh, really? The one day I don't listen to my inbox everyone tries to contact me. I'll have to listen to them after class then." I responded a little bit too loudly.

"Mrs.Yuki, is there something you wanted to share with the class, or can I continue my lesson?"

"N-no, sorry ma'am."

The rest of the day continued as normal and after school I met up with Fae, Jade and Damien. We began walking towards the Louvre. As they talked Fae and Jade walked ahead leaving Damien and I by ourselves.

"Evelyn, you just moved to Paris recently didn't you?" Damien asked me.

"Hm, yeah. I few weeks before school started my mother moved us here."

"So you have never been to the Effiel tower then right?"

"When I was little I had seen images of it, so I know what it looks like. But I have never been on it."

'At least not as myself' I thought.

"Well, if you wouldn’t mind. I would like to take you there one day." He sounded slightly nervous.

I thought about it for a moment, if I didn't know better I would think he is asking me on a date. But nevertheless it caused me to blush. Why would he want to date me anyway, I'm not special at all, just blind.

"I think that would be nice, the only time I have been on a structure that high was when i visited the Empire State Building."

"You're not scared of heights are you?" He joked.

"I guess you will have to find out."

#######
Pov: Marinette
#######

I know I invited him, but just can't stop staring at him. How does Alya expect us to talk if I have all this, this hot stuff to gaze upon.

We are currently walking side by side as we make our way towards the Louvre. Adrien turned his head, his emerald eyes meeting mine. "Say Marinette, you seem to be in a way better mood than you were before. Did something happen?"

"Well you could say that. I had a run in with a black cat, I guess he took all the bad luck with him." I answered him.

"Well I guess so, it isn't very often you want to hang out with me outside of school. Honestly I was starting to think you disliked me."

"D-dis-l-like you? No I would never, of course I like you.  Wait! I mean I like you, but I don't like you. Wait, no I-" I stumbled on my words, that wasn't meant to be a conession.

"Haha" he scratched his neck lightly "I think I know what you mean. But Marinette, if you ever need to talk, or want to just hang out. Let me know, you are my frie- I care very deeply about you and don't enjoy seeing you hurt."

"Thank you Adrien, your always so kind. I care about you alot as well, so please don't think I hate or dislike you. I can promise that's never the case."

"I can promise that too!" I hear Alya shout from in front of us..  she was listening

"Say Marinette, maybe one day we could see a movie and catch up. Just the two of us."

Uhhhhhhhh. Yes!!!!!! He's totally asking me out, right??? Okay, calm, play it cool.

I tucked a stand of hair behind my ear. "I think I would like that." My ears have to be bright red right now.

We walked in silence once again side by side. I looked over at Adrien and to my suprize Adrien's ears were red. Did I make him embarrassed?

_____________________

Authors note: IM LATE!!!

Sooo sorry for the long delay. This month has been a mess of work, personal projects, goals and all that is holy. But here we are finally an update. Also I found another kitten right after the other one, her name is Bella.

Thank you to those that have been commenting recently, your activity has sparked a new fire for writing and I'm hoping to keep this flame burning as I did before. This chapter is a tad short, but it's a start right?

Thank you for 600+ views and almost breaking that 40 vote mark. As of 9/17/21 Resonace is ranked #2 for the spider tag, kumo coming in cluch for us.

And again, thank you for your patience and recent activity