Kumo

"Mrs.Yuki, the surgeon would like to speak with you."

I managed to drag myself behind the nurse. We walked down multiple long corridors before entering an office.

"Please, take a seat. I'm sorry, there is no easy way to tell you this. Your mother won't live through the night. We tried everything we could, after 18 hours of surgery her body just doesn't have the strength to heal itself. She should be waking up soon, you should say your goodbyes before it's too late."

"Take me to her, please" I could hardly find the strength to speak.

The room was filled with a rhythmic beeping and the sound of whirling machines, that must be her life support, the thought made me shudder. The nurse guided me to momma's hospital bed. I found her hand and squeezed it tightly.

"How's my little hero?"

"Mom!" tears streamed down my eyes

Her soft hand cupped my cheek, wiping away my tears.

"Heroes don't cry, remember, you told me that."

"That was three years ago. Plus, I don't feel like a hero. I can't even save my mom."

"You can't save everyone. Even if you had superpowers, this was always going to happen. And that's okay because I can leave this world knowing I left behind a beautiful daughter with a big smile and an even bigger heart."

"I. Love. You." she closed her eyes, the machine behind me began blaring.

"Mom? Mom! Help! Please someone help!"

Multiple people flood into the room

"Starting Manual Chest Compressions!"

"Inject her with 50 grams of duloxetine, and someone get her incubated"

...

"Time of Death September 1st, 8:42 AM"

#######
Time Change: 3 days
#######

The last three days have been a blur. I hadn't been to school and I barely left my room. I couldn't remember my last meal. I just couldn't enter the kitchen. Not that it was still a mess, the police had cleared the scene after their investigation. Every Night I cried myself to sleep. Not a single time did I have a dream. I woke up the same way I fell asleep. But tonight was different, I had my first dream.

My dream was peaceful. Memories of my mom played over and over. The dreams were as if I was never blinded. Eventually, the morning of her death played in my head. The box she placed in my hand began floating In the air. The seal on the lid slowly broke. The lid slowly opened revealing a blindingly bright light, waking me up in a sudden jolt. I was out of breath and my hands were shaking.

I slowly crawled out of bed, I walked over to my desk where I left my bag days before. Fumbling around the inside, my hand finally grasped the object I was looking for. The small box father had left for me. Using my fingers I rubbed the outside of the box until I found what I was looking for. A small seal, just like in the dream.

"Happy Birthday to me" I broke open the seal. The box began to vibrate, I placed it down on my desk. The box clicked before the vibration stopped.

"Yawwwwn"

I squeaked in surprise, did the box just yawn?

I reached back for the box, feeling for its contents. There was a small hair clip with what felt like a spider designed into it.

"Never in my years has my beauty been ignored like this" a small creature huffed

I jumped out of my chair "W-Who's there??"