Lando Norris [31]

Start from the beginning

After a rather short night I wake up with the ringing of Charlottes alarm clock, groaning when I turn to my back, not feeling awake at all. I couldn't really sleep and had constant thoughts about Lando, probably worrying too much but I just hope that everything is going to be fine again. It is silent between us for a few minutes until Charlotte speaks up. "I send him my room number. He said he needs something, but I think he knows or at least thinks that you are here." She informs me, making me sight softly.

"That's okay, maybe we should talk before the race, maybe not. I don't know Charlotte; can I decode this spontaneously after I heard his voice?" Gnawing on my bottom lip I look to the older one who just nod and gives my shoulder a reassuring squeeze. Shortly after our conversation there is a knock on the door and Charlotte stands up to open it while I remain on the bed.

"Where is she?" Lando asks, no good morning or anything else. Just this question. He sounds a bit exhausted his voice hoarse but that could also be because he just woke up. My heart is beating faster, and I still don't know if I want to have a conversation with him yet or if it is better to wait for a bit longer.

"I don't know what you are talking about." Charlotte answer, pretending to not know who Lando is searching for which is a straight lie. Her poker face is great, but I don't think Lando will accept her answer before he has taken a look into this room himself.

"Come on Charlotte, I know she is with you...At least I hope so." The second sentence breaks my heart a bit. He sounds tired, maybe a bit desperate and this is the last thing I need to hear to make a decision. I sight almost inaudible before I take a deep breath and speak up.

"You can let him in." Almost immediately Lando enters the room, and I can hear vague that Charlotte gives us some privacy. Lando didn't make his hair yet, the strand hanging loosely into his face which is a bit paler than usually letting the dark patches under his eyes appear.

"Love." He mumbles, but I cross my arms in front of my chest, not willing to go back to normal directly. "Don't call me like that." I almost hiss, making him flinch and instantly I do regret my harsh behaviour a bit. Lando kneels in front of me, trying to catch my gaze but I avoid it event though it is hard for me.

"Please. I know I messed up yesterday. Shouldn't let all my anger out on you but I did and there is nothing that I can do to make it undone." Lando starts talking, admitting that he knows he did something wrong yesterday, but I don't know what to say, kind of waiting for him to continue his little speech.

"Love please." Lando mumbles, carefully taking my hands into his, making me finally lift my head and look into his eyes. He looks as tired as I feel and his eyes flicker nervously over my face, trying to find a hint what I am thinking about this situation. Suddenly a question comes to my mind, and I speak it out before even thinking further about it.

"What would you do if I didn't come back? If I have enough of stupid arguments and leave?" I ask him, nibbling on my lower lips, being a bit nervous about his answer. It's not that I want us to end but sometimes the best solution is to not come back after a harsh argument. Well, yesterday wasn't a straight up argument but he yelled at me without a real reason. Yes, his qualifying wasn't the best but that is not my fault.

"I don't know." Lando mumbles and his answer hits me like a punch into the stomach. He doesn't know. I take my hands out of his, feeling a bit hurt by his words. Why doesn't he know an answer to this question? Doesn't he want to do everything possible to make us work again and let us continue our relationship?

"So, I can leave and not come back?" My voice cracks a bit at my words, making me take a deep breath to control my feelings a bit. Lando's head shoots up, his eyes widen in horror because of my words. "What no!" He exclaims, apparently not happy with my words.

"But you said that you don't know what you would do if I didn't come back so it seems like you don't care if I am here or not." I explain why I get the thought of him not caring and his facial expressions get softer while he carefully grabs for my hands again.

"Don't even think this! I don't know what I would do because I am lost without you." Lando says, intonate the first sentence and he look me into the eyes during the whole process. His thumb drawing small circles on the back of my hand, making me relax a bit and I listen further to him.

"I would probably freak out, call my mom and ask her how I can fix it again, but I wouldn't know what I should do because I wouldn't be able to think straight anymore." Lando chuckles nervously during this confession, making me smile a bit because I can imagine him calling his mom while pacing up and down in a room, ruffling his curls and hooping that she has some advice for him.

"I love you and I know that sometimes my stupid side shows which seems to forget what an amazing girl I have, and I want to promise you that I will have myself under control in the future, but I don't know if I should. Don't want to be a liar when I do snap at you again." Lando continues and looks up to me, still being worried that I am mad at him. I like the fact that he is aware of his sometimes-stupid behaviour, and it is good that he wants to try to get better and controlling his anger. Plus, it is good that he doesn't promise anything because this will make it so much worse if it happens again.

"At least I know that you want to try to make everything better." Is the first think I say after Lando's monologue while giving his hand a soft squeeze. Lando sights and nibbles nervously on his lower lip, still not sure if my words are a good or a bad sign.

"So, are we good?" He asks, almost looking at me with puppy eyes, making me laugh softly. "Yes, we are." I confirm, making him beam widely with happiness. Before I can react further Lando pulls me into a hug, pressing me against his chest while a giggle leaves both our lips.

When the door opens again, we look up, seeing that Charlotte smiles at us, happy that we fixed things between us, and she no longer has to deal with a kind of fighting couple. "Come on, we need to leave, there is a race you have to deal with." She announces, making Lando smile widely.

"Perfect, I have a trophy to win so that I can gift it to my girl." He announces, making us girls laugh but how could we know that he indeed will secure a podium place today and will bring me the trophy afterwards but that is a different story.