Max Verstappen-Family

A/N This one is for auguriaep. I'm sorry it took me so long, but I hope you like it! Please take a look at my Lando story and leave a request in the prompt chapter. Vote, comment and enjoy.

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 1400

You can clearly feel the excitement which spreads trough the whole house this morning. Max and my son Emilian would be racing his first kart race today and can't wait to get to the track.

For me, it's all so unreal, in my head he's still the little boy who was just born and expanded our little family. I remember just how anxious we were when we found out I was pregnant.

We were both young, just in our early twenties and actually not together for so long. The pregnancy was not planned, but we both didn't think about not having the child.

Our family weren't thrilled. For them, we were children ourselves. Not ready to take care of a baby. Jos has repeatedly told Max that this can end his career very quickly, but Max hasn't listened to him.

Together we went through the pregnancy and a few months later held our son in his arms. With his little mob of blond hair and blue eyes, he resembled his father unbelievably and so I couldn't get enough of seeing him all the time.

I don't want to deny that the time with a baby was not easy. As much as Max wanted it, he couldn't always be with us, but had to travel the world with his Formula 1 team.

I never complained about it, after all he lives his dream and at that time certainly no children were planned. Still, he mastered being a father and racing driver as if he were made for it.

When Emilian was a little bit older, I took him to the racetrack for the first time. Max always had him on his arm with a wide beam and explained everything possible to him. That the little one didn't understand it yet, Max didn't care, the main thing was that he had his son with him.

As soon as Emilian was old enough, Max put him in a kart. The talent of the little one was undeniable, but I slowed Max's enthusiasm. I wanted Emilian to have the opportunity for a relaxed childhood and not how Max is driven to success.

One or the other story that Max told me about the experiences with his father still make me shake my head today. For him this was perfectly normal, but at least with his own son he understood that infinite pressure would bring nothing.

Today it would be time and Emilian would contest his first official race. He kept asking when it would finally happen and today his big dream would come true.

Only one fact ruined the mood in the morning a little. Max had obviously left the house early and left only a note on which he had an appointment.

Emilian's beaming smile collapsed a little when he noticed that his father is no longer there. Max is his greatest hero and that's why he wanted to make him proud.

"Mom, doesn't Dad love me anymore?" these were his words as we sat in the car and made our way to the track. My heart is broken a little bit at that moment, and I would tell Max something if he didn't make it in time.

Of course, I reassured my son and told him that he is infinitely loved by both of us. I also said that Max will be there at the start at the latest and I really hope that it would be.

A last photo of Emilian in his little racing suit, then he went to the track and for me to the grandstand. I send the photo to his grandparents, who are always happy about a new picture of their grandson.

Shortly before the start of the race Max drops next to me and tries to calm his fast breath. But I ignore him, he almost ruined that day and that's why he didn't deserve anything else.

"Babe?" he asks, putting an arm around my shoulders, but I don't react to him, just look at my son.

"What's going on?" Now I snort sarcastically.
"You ask me what's going on? I had to explain to our son today that his dad still loves him." Max's eyes widen in horror and he takes a quick look at the racecourse before looking at me again.

"He thought I didn't love him anymore?" Max sounds dismayed and now I get a little pity for him.

"What else can he think if you disappear without a trace on the day of his first race." I easily swipe through Max's hair, who lowers his head in resignation.

"I'm a bad father." He just mutters and looks at his shoe tips.

I lovingly take his head into my hands and make sure he looks at me.
"You're not a bad dad. He loves you and just wants to make you proud."

"I'm always proud of him." Max tells me and lean his forehead on mine for a moment.

"Then watch him win this race." I quickly press a kiss on Max lips and then turn his head a little so that he doesn't miss the start.

Lap after lap passes and in fact Emilian leads the race until the end. However, someone overtook him in the last lap and so he slips to second place.

I burst with pride inwardly, but I know full well that he won't be happy with it. When he gets out of his kart, he kicks a few stones to the side and lets his shoulders hang.

I want to get up, but Max is faster.
"I do this." He murmurs and goes to his son. I follow him, not because I think he can't do it, but simply because I want to see him do it.

"Hey buddy." Greets his son, who has just pulled his helmet over his head. Emilian's lower lip starts to tremble, and I know he's just starting to cry.

Max quickly kneels down to him and pulls him into his arms. Emilian sniffs quietly into Max's shoulder and tears rise into my eyes.

"I just wanted to make you proud." Finally, Emilian cries and presses closer to his father. Max lifts him up and holds him tightly to calm him down a little.

"I will always be proud of you, whether you are first or last. If you decide not to drive and prefer to do something else instead. You are my son and that is the most important reason why I am proud of you."

I lost the battle against tears and now I'm crying with my son.
"We made Mum cry." Notes Emilian, who can see me over Max's shoulder.

Max turns around and I can see that his eyes are also shimmering wet. He stretches out one arm after me and pulls me into a group hug. Presumably, we are a found food for the photographers, but at his moment just the three of us count.

When the speaker announces the upcoming award ceremony, Max lets Emilian down to the ground again.

"Go and get your trophy, you deserve it." With a beaming smile, Emilian disappears towards the small podium and waits excitedly at the edge until his name is called.

"Since when are you so emotional?" asks Max, leaning down a little to me as I brush the remaining traces of tears from my face.

"These must be the hormones." I just say with a mischievous smile and look at Emilian, who is just being presented with his little trophy.

For a moment it's quiet, then Max wheezing quietly.
"We're having another baby?" he asks, and suddenly sounds excited.

With a simple nod I confirm the question and shortly afterwards my face is covered with kisses.

"God, I love you." He murmurs before pulling me to his chest, placing his hand on my belly and drawing soft circles with his thumb.

Grinning, I lean against him and wait for our son to come back to us. A few minutes pass, then Emilian stands in front of us and proudly raises his trophy.

"Look Dad. Can we put them to the others?" his eyes shine, because in our living room there is a large display case with Max tropes.

"Of course, and we put her all the way up so everyone can see it." The radiance in Emilian's eyes becomes, if possible, only more.

I love my family.