Toto Wolff [5]

A/N: This one is for girl1707. I hope you like it. 

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 545

Toto and I have known each other for half an eternity. We went to school together and never really lost contact with each other. Even as teenagers we became a couple, but this pleasure did not last long.

In the years that followed, we met again and again in different places and each time this led to the same events. We go for a drink together and end up drunk in a hotel room.

Again, and again Toto tells me on such nights how much he loves me, but the next morning he always disappeared without a trace and it breaks me every time I fall back on him.

I know that Toto has a wife and I also had a boyfriend in between, but that was nothing for eternity if I couldn't finish with Toto. Surprisingly, at our last meeting, we exchanged our numbers, but I don't think he can remember it, because to this day no sound came from him.

Even if it always hurts a little in my chest, I follow Toto's career at Mercedes more attentively than I probably should. I was happy about victories and frustrated if they didn't succeed, even if that was rarely the case.

Today Mercedes won the Constructors World Championship and I'm sure they'll have a wet and cheerful party tonight. If I were nearby, I would certainly be able to sneak in somehow because of my degree of ability to Toto, but I'm definitely too far away for that.

So, I make myself comfortable with a glass of wine on my terrace and watch the sun disappear behind the horizon. With the sun disappearing, it gets a little colder outside and so I retreat to the house.

Just as I have cleaned my glass and put it back in the cupboard, my phone starts ringing. Astonished, I raise my eyebrows. Who is calling me that late?

A look at the display and I'm a little stiffened. Four letters flash towards me and I don't really know what to do. Toto calls me and he's never done that before.

The call breaks off and just when I don't want to worry about anything more, it starts ringing again. I take a deep breath, then I press on the green handset and hold the phone to my ear.

In the background I can hear loud music, but nothing else. Toto doesn't speak but doesn't seem to have realized that I've taken off either.

"Toto?" I ask into the silence and I want to hang up, he starts to speak.

"I fucking love you." Does he say what leads my lips to draw a thin line. Again, he is drunk and again he tells me these words, without there is probably a little truth behind it.

"Tell me this, when you are sober." Is my answer, then I press the red button. This conversation, you can't really call it one, has really upset me and I really don't want to be in his head when he's drunk.

With a little anger in my stomach, I block Toto's number and then delete it. It is finally time for me to get rid of him and live my own life without constantly having the hope that he is part of my future.