George Russel [Fainting]

A/N Another anonymous request. Question: Do you want me to publish the request chapter for book two or should I wait until I finish this one?

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 1012

The paddock is really crowded today, full of people and no one makes spaces when someone needs to walk trough. I am on the way to the McLaren motorhome to start my working day, already hoping for the air conditioner in it because it is really hot outside.

My sight is a little blurry and when I stumble a bit to the side and walk against someone, I just mumble a "Sorry." Because I try to continue my way but need to stop because I keep feeling dizzy.

"No problem it is very crowded today." The familiar voice of George Russel says, and he smiles at me friendly. I have met him trough Lando, and he is always a good company still I can't return the smile because I try to stay on my feet and not pass out.

"Are you okay? You look a little bit pale." George is frowning worryingly and grabs my wrist lightly to hold me where I am. I breath in and out deeply, trying to finally get my clear sight back and hope that the earth would stop spinning around me.

"Yeah, it is just really hot." I mumble and fan myself a bit air with one of my hands what is not very effective. George keeps frowning and doesn't look like he is believing what I have said. Yes, it is warm for this time of the day, but it shouldn't normally lead to people pass out or feel like I do.

"I think you should sit down for a bit." George now proposes and gently starts to lead me to one of the benches which are standing on the side of the walkway in this paddock. "Might be better." I mutter while stumbling a few steps with George before stopping because I feel even worse. Gripping onto Georges arm I try to concentrate on staying awake, but my vision gets blurrier and blurrier and than I pass out.

Slowly I wake up again and whine quietly at the pounding headache which is flowing trough my whole skull. I don't know where I am first but when I open my eyes with a few blinks because of the light I remember passing out and that George probably brought me inside.

"Hey, you are back." The Brit says and smiles at me, still with a little worried look in his eyes. When I try to sit up my world starts spinning again and George is directly by my side and presses me gently back in a lying position. He sits down beside the couch and now our heads are on the same height.

"Stay like this for a little longer, you have a fever and fainted." George explains, making me slowly understand why I passed out. Not because of the hot weather, well not just because of it but because my body was already fighting with a heat.

"Oh...thanks for catching me I guess." I thank George, giving him a smile still not feeling at a hundred percent again. "Shouldn't you be as far away as possible from me when I'm having a fever? Not that I infect you with whatever I have." I ask a bit worried, but George just shakes his head. "It's okay."

We sit there in silent for a few minutes until I realise something and search for a clock with my eyes. When I see the time at one which is hanging on the wall, I am shocked.

"Damn, I need to be at work." I say and want to sit up again but George keeps me where I am, making me huff in dismay. Why would he do this? He knows that I need to be at work and help Lando trough his day otherwise he would be lost, and I would lose my job.

"Don't worry, I called Lando and told him what happened. He was already worried because you are never late." George explains, making me feel a certain way because he is caring so much for me even though he doesn't have to do this.

"Thank you, George." I thank him again what leads to him smiling widely. Blushing I lower my gaze a bit and hope that my cheeks are already red because of the fever and George wouldn't notice that I like him.

"Do you want to drink something?" George asks me after clearing his throat, breaking the silence between us again. "Yes please." He gives me a water bottle and finally I sit up a bit to be able to drink some sips. Again, we sit in silence but it not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be and I try to relax a bit more around him.

"I know this probably sounds ridiculous right now, but will you go on a date with me?" George suddenly burst out making my heart stop for a moment before it beats fast than before. He wants to go on a date with me? I really don't know what to say what seems to make him regret the decision to speak up.

"Sorry, you probably have a boyfriend." George mumbles and his shoulders sink down a bit, making me feel sorry for not answering him directly after he had asked me this question. "I don't, I was just a bit shocked by your question. In a positive way." I explain him, that I didn't want to hurt him with not saying a word and that I just needed a second to come back to normal thinking.

"And?" George asks, even though the corners of his mouth slowly curl up and he tries to supress the grin which is spreading on his lips. I giggle softly and lean my head against his shoulder, already feeling incredibly comfortable around him. George wraps his arm around my shoulder and carefully lays his head on top of mine, waiting patiently on my answer.

"Yes, I would like to go out with you." I finally answer him, making us both smile like idiots but also the happiest persons in this paddock.