~ 31 ~

Thank you guys so much for 6k reads that's crazy! I never expected to get that many if I'm being honest.

Iris pov

"Can you look up at me for at least a minute?" I pleaded. Ranboo sighed, giving in. I took a breath, mentally preparing myself, before speaking again. "You don't hafta accept my apology, but please just listen. I didn't mean to lead you on, Ranboo, and I'm genuinely sorry. You are one of the greatest people I have ever met, and an even greater friend."

He let out a shaky sigh and looked down again, presumably taking in my response, and I saw another tear slip down his face.

"Why do you even wanna stay with me?" Ranboo asked, "you should've just stayed at the house."

"Because I care about you."

"You don't hafta pretend you care about me, Iris. Just because we're living in the same house doesn't mean we have to care about each other."

I decided to put my plan into action. While Ranboo kept rambling, I scooted slightly closer to him. He gave me a questioning look and I smiled, reassuring him that everything was fine.

My heartbeat pounded like a drum in my ears as I leaned forward slightly, our faces now about an inch apart. "Is this alright?" I asked as I leaned forward a bit more, our noses almost touching.

"Y-yes," Ranboo breathed out, his eyes gleaming with confusion.

His breath hitched as I moved forward a bit more, and my lips brushed his briefly before I pulled back slightly to ask again, "You sure?"

In response, Ranboo tilted his head slightly and closed the distance. A weird feeling spread through me, but I couldn't name it. I assumed that I was just happy or something.

This is weird, kissing my best friend. I would never have done this if he weren't so upset by me unintentionally leading him on.

I pulled away after a moment, and Ranboo was smiling like an idiot.

Seeing him happy makes me happy. This was worth it.

Especially since it sparked small feelings towards him.

At that moment I realized that I had been lying to myself from the beginning. I had been denying any feelings towards Ranboo since I met him, thinking that they would just go away. Maybe I can give him a chance.

Ranboo pov

After Iris pulled away, happiness and confusion flooded through me. Didn't she admit earlier that she only loves me as a friend? Friends don't kiss like that, do they?

"I- you- earlier-" I tried to speak, but I couldn't seem to put together a proper sentence at the moment. I took a breath before continuing. "I thought you didn't like me like that?"

"I could tell you needed it," she mumbled.

So it was just a pity kiss.

She really does like toying with my feelings, doesn't she?

Before Iris could speak again, I stood up. Taking a deep breath, I began to walk away. I didn't have a clear destination in mind, I just needed to be alone. Seeing Iris hurt too much right now.

She never loved me, and she never will. Sometimes I just wish that I had never even met her.

I fell for her, and I fell hard. If I had never met her, none of this would've ever happened. I wouldn't be experiencing the too familiar pain of rejection, I wouldn't have had my feelings toyed with.

I wish her and Tubbo weren't related. I wouldn't have been forced to live in the same house as her for a few months, I wouldn't have had to fall asleep looking at her pretty face every night. I would never have gotten the chance to get close to her if I hadn't met her.

Dropping to my knees in the middle of the park, I began to cry. I began to ignore everything around me. I knew passersby were giving me confused looks. But I didn't care. I was hurting too much to care about anything at that moment. My silent tears turned into quiet sobs as I cried my heart out.

It felt like I had been sitting there for ages before someone walked up to me. "You alright mate?"

I looked up and before me stood none other than Philza Minecraft.

"Phil?"

"Listen mate, I don't know what happened, but you're gonna be fine at the end of all of this." His words were etched with empathy. I gave him a weak smile in response. "Would you like me to walk you home?" I smiled at his offer, but I wasn't ready to face Iris right now. "Or I could get you something to eat."

"It's fine Phil, thank you though," I replied, grateful that he cared so much.

"Alright, just call me if you need anything." And with that I was left alone again.

I brought my knees up to my shoulders as thoughts swarmed through my head.

She doesn't like me. She doesn't like me. She doesn't like me.

Just forget about her. She's not worth the pain. Stop being so attached.

With each thought, I let out a shaky breath. I hugged my knees closer to me as a few tears slipped down my face.

I want to feel her arms around me again. I want to rest my head on hers again. I need to tell her how much she means to me before I lose her completely.

But it's too late.

~ Hope you guys have a good day :]

~ check out Milchins she wrote an awesome story :D

~ Wishing Techno a smooth and speedy recovery <3

•Enderbee•