~ 8 ~

"Do you need help?" Ranboo asked nervously. I looked up to see him standing a few feet away.

Iris pov

"Yes please, but I think there's a hole in it somewhere..."

Ranboo knelt down to check the mattress for a hole. "Yeah, I don't think that's repairable..." he told me, showing me the large gash in the mattress.

"Fuck," I muttered under my breath.

"I can sleep on the floor, and you can have the couch," Ranboo suggested.

"No, you're the guest, you can have the couch." I honestly didn't want to sleep on the couch, because I had before and it wasn't very comfortable.

"Er... I'm kind of too tall," he admitted.

"I'll have to admit, the couch is pretty uncomfortable to sleep on," I told him. "I'm gonna go grab my blankets real quick, I'll be back."

I ran to my room and came back with my comforter and 2 pillows, as well as 2 smaller blankets. "Why the hell is this comforter so big?" I complained as I dragged it into the room. I laid it down on the floor and put the pillows down, leaving distance between them.

"Er... should I go get another blanket or...?" Ranboo asked, but I patted the spot next to me.

"You can sleep here, if you're comfortable with it," I told him. "I don't know if we have more comforters, and I'm sure you don't want to sleep on the hard ground."

"I guess..." Ranboo said, then hesitantly sat down next to me. I passed him a smaller blanket, and he thanked me before laying down, his back facing me. I laid down as well, scooting my pillow a little farther away from his. (Mind you there's like a foot or so distance between their pillows) I laid awake for a little while longer, eventually falling asleep.

~ time skip to morning ~

When I opened my eyes, Ranboo's face was inches away from mine. My face flushed, and I was praying he wouldn't open his eyes. Unconsciously, Ranboo reached his arms forward, then immediately retracted them when his hand touched mine. His eyes flew open, and his face looked even more flushed than mine.

"S-sorry," he mumbled, clearly embarrassed. I would never admit it, but his morning voice gave me butterflies.

"It's fine," I replied quietly, also embarrassed.

The door opened, and I heard Tubbo whisper, "Are you two awake— aww!" Both me and Ranboo had shut our eyes when we heard the creak of the door, and we pretended to be asleep.

"Wake up!" Tubbo screeched.

I pretended to wake up, then scrambled back in fake shock when I saw Ranboo right in front of me. He "woke up" because I moved.

"You two are disgusting," Tubbo laughed, joking.

"Because I slept on the same blanket as her...?"

"I'm sorry but he's too tall for that couch, and besides, it's uncomfortable to sleep on," I told him sleepily.

"Whatever, just no making out with my sister," he laughed, talking to Ranboo, who's face flushed redder than it had been earlier.

"I— I promise that I won't," Ranboo stammered, while I started giggling uncontrollably at him being flustered.

Tubbo rolled his eyes, but it was obvious that he was trying to hold back laughter. "Today I think we're playing wii sports on stream," he told us once everybody calmed down.

"That sounds fun," Ranboo said, not as flustered as a few minutes ago.

"I'll just watch," I told the two boys.

~ time skip to the stream ~

First the boys set up Ranboo's mii. I giggled when Ranboo started dancing to the wii theme music, which caused him to look over at me, and we made eye contact for a split second. Then they played tennis, baseball, golf, and bowling. Next they played boxing.

"Come on, fight me! Come on," Ranboo said in a funny voice while jumping up and down. When I giggled, I saw him glance at me, and though he had the mask and glasses on, I could tell he was smiling.

I made him smile. Happiness filled my heart, a happiness that I've felt for the first time since the Lewis incident. Well, besides the beach with Wilbur. I watched my brother and Ranboo as they continued to box, Ranboo being the try-hard (in a comedic way) and Tubbo doing the bare minimum. Unconsciously, my eyes usually happened to rest on Ranboo, watching him crack jokes and make funny poses. Unknowingly, I smiled every time he looked at me, and though Ranboo noticed this small action, he would never mention it to me, or to anyone for that matter.

~ Ahhh you don't know how happy writing this chapter made me :]

~ Hey you, yeah you, have a great day :]

•Enderbee•