1991: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, August 2nd 1991

The work for the band's anniversary was now pretty much completed and I liked what they'd done, their original song 'Primal Scream' was probably my favourite track they'd done to date, the entire sound of the song was amazing and the music video they were filming just a week before they went to England for the 'Monsters Of Rock' festival, and the video promised to be extremely good, particularly of Vince given he was thinking of going shirtless for it and I wasn't going to turn my nose up at that.

Aside from that original song, there was the cover, the song chosen was 'Anarchy In The UK', by the Sex Pistols, a band I hated but a song the guys actually did better than the original so the track had grown on me since hearing my husband and best friends slay it in the studio, with Vin doing the songs vocals in one take might I add which was even more impressive.

Then they had decided to release a remix of 'Home Sweet Home', as that was their most popular song, which will also have a video, though nothing as extravagant as 'Primal Scream', so all in all, I was really looking forward to the release of these songs, as each of them bring something new to the table and explore different sounds which was exciting given the changing climate of rock music right now.

Nikki had allowed the others to have their say on the music but I think the little genre switching they'd down with these new songs, had sparked some idea in the bassists head about the next Crüe album and I knew Vince wasn't happy about it and the more they talk about their next album I guess the more we'll see where that leads.

There has been issues while recording these songs for this anniversary though, Nikki and Tommy had often been snorting coke which has rubbed Vince the wrong way, as well as Nikki and Tommy drinking, and while that didn't explicitly bother Vinnie, it was the hypocrisy when he drank himself and Nik and Tom got on his case about it that really pissed him off.

I don't know what it is with them right now but it's like Nikki and Tommy are drifting off into their own little world and Mick and Vince are just sort of being left behind, right now it was just a little irritating but it could become an issue, that worried me.

As I said last year, I did feel something was going to go horribly wrong, I still pray I'm wrong about it, but things keep gradually getting worse, I didn't know why, but it was happening slowly but surely.

Aside from all that, I was good, Vince, Lydia and Allie were good, Lydia was already four and a half months old, almost, that was insane to me, time had kinda flashed by but here we were in August just waiting for things to kick off in a few weeks.

Until then, things were pretty low-key, there had been a couple of photoshoot sessions the last couple of weeks with another one in a couple of days and there was a few other things to polish up with these new songs but for the most part they were completed, so they'll spend the next couple of studio sessions finishing up.

It was summer break for Alessia, but she was over at her best friends house for the day, the mother of said best friend had a thing for Vince and Allie would always come back and tell Vin something the mom had said or asked her about him, Vince found it amusing and would often just tell Allie bullshit to relay to said friend mother to just fuck with her basically or put her off him, as it did get a little awkward at Allie's birthday parties when she tried way too hard to seduce my husband right in front of me.