1983: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚖

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, August 12th 1983

Since the US festival, work on the band's second album had been full steam ahead and it was due to be released late next month, the 26th I believed.

Things are good right now, my parents had moved to be closer to my grandparents in New Jersey so that could be a pain in the ass sometimes when it comes to needing people to babysit Alessia, as the only real options now we're either Vinnie's parents or have a babysitter- the latter option neither me of Vince particularly liked but sometimes, needs must so we now have one, which was a neighbour of ours who lives directly across the street.

She was an older lady, Sally, who I'd gotten talking too after I saw her struggling to do some work in her yard and helped her out, she started bringing food and things over for me and Vince as well as spending time talking to us, I think because she didn't have many other people to talk too.

Instantly, she loved Alessia and offered to take her whenever we needed which was always nice, and although a stranger as a babysitter was never something I felt comfortable with, she wasn't a total stranger and was better than hiring one.

Speaking of Allie, she was growing more and more and it was almost her first birthday which was almost unbelievable, her birthday was actually the day before the album was due to be released, so we'd have her birthday party then the album release party the following night.

That was awfully social of us but it was for good reason so I'll let it slide. I wasn't always keen on parties, especially the kind of parties Doc and Doug throw, as they'd arranged this album release party and they were pretty fucking dull.

We couldn't not go though so, we'd have to just deal with it, but I'm hearing rumours that Tommy is going to bring some things to spice the party up a little more and bring a bit more Mötley to the event, so I'm speculating to what he will bring, my guess is cocaine, but who knows.

On the front of me and Vince, we were good as always... although, since his disappearance backstage of the festival I had taken notice of some of his weird behaviour.

If he went out with the other guys, he'd come back looking a little more disheveled than he had done before he left, his shirt creased, sometimes come back with 'bruises' he'd say if I asked, saying some asshole walked into him or something. Sometimes they did look like genuine bruises, then other times not so much.

I took his word and didn't think about it, the truth was more than I wanted to swallow so didn't. I was stupid, I knew it, turning a blind eye to what was happening but Vince was so good to me and he did love me and I wanted what he told me to be true, though I could never quite believe him.

For someone who when I first met Vince would never have ever put up with his promiscuity, I've sure changed my tune. It was many things as to why I was just taking it, I'd fallen so far for him now that being without him seemed such a horrible concept and until it was confirmed to me properly I couldn't find it in me to press the matter.

What if I was wrong? And he was telling me the truth? Then there was Allie now, she needed her father and I wasn't going to walk away from Vince when he might not even be doing what I suspected he was doing.

The red flags were there though, always and had been for months.

Today was a regular day, Vince and I had nothing to do, until tomorrow, and Vince had gone out again last night and got back just past midnight, although I was practically half asleep when he did get back, when he got back, Vince was all over me so I gave in and let him have his way with me before we finally ended up going to sleep at about two, to be woken by Allie at six.