1984: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚌𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝

•🗝•

Vince's POV, 1997

So, I'm going to start off this by just interjecting here because after the tour with Ozzy ended and Kelly walked out on me, nothing of significance happened until the end of the year and it was significant for all the wrong reasons.

Things in 1984 went from bad to worse for me, it's one of the worst years of my life, if not the winner or close runner up. But let's start where we left off, with me being suddenly left on my own.

I tried my best to make my life better and make myself feel better about everything after Kelly left, still sometimes tried to be angry at her but couldn't be because she was right to do what she did. If I'd found out what she had I'd have left me too, which solidified how awful of a person I'd been.

I was warned by Nikki and by Mick, but I didn't listen, I just did what I wanted without any regard for anything other than that.

Days passed, weeks then months and in that time little changed, though when Kelly did finally contact me after a month, she gave me rules, and exceptions to contact her which only was in regard to Allie which was fine with me if that's all she was offering, I'd take it. I was just thankful I was still being allowed to see Alessia at all. I knew Kelly wasn't the type of person to have never allowed me to see my own daughter again but with how badly I messed up, I couldn't put it past her.

It wasn't ideal the system we worked out because with Kelly moving and living in New Jersey with her parents it made seeing Allie regularly hard, but every effort was made to keep to the schedule we worked out but it fell through a few times because it was a lot to ask of Kelly and with my life and job, it made sticking to schedules even harder.

And by the end of the year, specifically December I hadn't seen Alessia in a while, six weeks by that point though would be in fact longer than that until I saw her again, I didn't know that at the time though how long it would be, obviously and that six weeks was already the longest I'd gone without seeing her.

December of '84 was a shitty fucking month, however it did open up the door to start fixing things properly with Kelly, it's just a shame what happened had to happen for both us to realise, not trying to fix our relationship was foolish because you never know what could happen to you, and it very easily could have happened that we'd never have seen each other again if things would've played out differently on the night of December 8th 1984.

———

•🗝•

Vince's POV, December 8th 1984

Tonight I'd made the choice to throw a party, no, this party was never going to make me feel better but it was a distraction, everything I've done for months is just finding distractions.

Sure, Kelly's talking to me now, that's something... though it's more just greetings and short words when I call her to arrange seeing Alessia, it was a hell of a lot better though than it was at the start where she didn't talk to me.

I hadn't heard from Kelly in a while though and that's on me more than her, because I know that her grandmother's health had deteriorated and her parents couldn't stay with her all the time so Kelly did instead, that made it hard for her to leave to bring Allie to me, because she had to stay in a hotel in Los Angeles so I could see Allie for a weekend then she could take her back again.