1983: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, May 29th 1983

1983, so far this year has been pretty damn good and the end of 1982 hadn't been half bad either, the next album was making good progress, it was going to be titled 'Shout At The Devil', it started out as 'Shout With The Devil' but after an argument and a few threats from the label, Nikki relented and changed the title.

Since then, a lot of the songs had been demoed and are having their final versions recorded and although not every song was yet done for the album, the guys were performing some of these new tracks today.

They had been invited to play at the US festival, which would open the guys up to a lot of potential fans, it would be the largest crowd they'd played to date with thousands and thousands of people here. They were unknown in comparison to some of the other names of the setlist for this festival, particularly Ozzy Osbourne who all the guys looked up too and admired as a rockstar.

They were all nervous and hell, was it showing. They were all quiet as all fuck, which was a sight to behold, I knew I had to tag along with them, they needed the moral support, and I think having me and Allie around will help Vince keep his cool a little better, stress can make him a moody bitch.

We'd interacted with a few of the other bands here for couple of hours before the first act of the day went on stage then we hung out with Doc, Doug and Tom Zutaut, an AR man who worked with Elektra records, as he'd scouted Mötley Crüe out for Elekra in the first place, he was here to just both have a good time and watch the band play to make sure things went smoothly.

The guys didn't usually hang out with management and anyone from Elektra but they were too anxious to give a shit right now.

I was sat in the trailer all the bands here had been provided with, it wasn't too big, but it wasn't going to be, Doc and Doug were sat with Tom while me and Vince were sat together, Nikki, Tommy and Mick were then the other side of the trailer all finding their own ways to keep themselves occupied, Mick was playing his guitar while Tommy was drumming onto his thigh and Nikki was writing things in his lyric book he took everywhere with him.

Alessia was in my lap, watching everyone curiously, this was an entirely new environment for her and I had been a little cautious with her being around all the loud noises around and all the talking over everyone else people were doing because loud noises weren't something she liked or any baby liked really. But she'd been okay so far and I hoped it remained that way.

Doug had made sure to keep hold of a couple of things for her for when Vince and the guys went on stage, like ear protection so she should be fine.

"I feel like I've hardly spoken with you today." Vince said after a long silence between everyone, but only said it loud enough for me to hear.

"Because you haven't, and you probably won't be able to properly until later. You're too much of a nervous wreck to talk and that's okay, we'll talk about how much ass you've kicked tonight once this is all over."

"Or how badly we fucked it up. It could go either way."

"You won't fuck it up, even if you make a few mistakes it's not the end of the world. This is your first massive show, cut yourselves some slack."

"If we mess up, we mess up on national TV and infront of some of the biggest names in the rock world. That's terrifying."

"You guys deserve to be up there with them, you're great at what you do. Never think otherwise even against everyone else here today. You wouldn't have been approached if you didn't have what it takes to be here. You're gonna go out there and you're gonna do great."