1988: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚎

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, Late August 1988

It's been about six months since the guys got out of rehab and things are going well, Nikki had kinda relapsed into pills and Vince did kinda have a few drinks on certain occasions, Tommy had also slipped a little and Mick was the only one who actually hadn't slipped up, however all those slip ups have been resolved and all of them are back to being fully sober.

Deep down I sort of knew it wouldn't last forever, but if they could just stay completely sober until the next album is done with then that'll be more than enough. Of course, I want them to stay this way forever however in their line of work knew it was highly unlikely.

I was proud of them still and particularly Nikki actually, he never used to willingly talk about his problems you'd have to coax it out of him but recently he's been talking to me more openly and wanting my advice on things.

And in terms of Vince, he'd actually landed a part in a movie, the upcoming 'Police Academy 6' then another movie next year, which the band will be recording a song for and Vin will be appearing, he's not all that into acting but just thought it'd be fun and different from music, it wasn't serious and he wasn't looking to change careers, he just wanted to have a laugh and that's exactly what he'll do, it was exciting all the same.

Alessia was really excited, just about Vince being in a movie, he might not even end up being in the film in the end but she didn't care, she just found it cool Vince was acting and could be seen by millions of people, despite the fact he was already famous, however all Allie had ever known was Vince being a musician so I guess him doing acting is really different for her.

Things for Vince look good for the rest of this year then, the band on the other hand wasn't all that smooth sailing right now, the relationship between the guys was fine, that was good but their were some legal issues happening right now, some guy had sued Nikki claiming to have been 'the real Nikki Sixx', and that had stressed the shit out of the bassist which was the cause of his relapse but he'd regularly come to me and talked to me about it as well as his actual therapist and the other guys.

It was a step in the very right direction for Nikki, trusting and opening up to his friends and I hope it continues. He's also met a girl, through a friend of his, the girl was Brandi Brandt, she was Miss October last year in 1987 in playboy and they'd only just started seeing each other and I wish Nikki the best as he deserves to be happy.

But things were turbulent and it wasn't at all perfect, it's typical that the band faces legal issues just as they get themselves clean, it's just their luck but I knew it wouldn't beat them. The turbulence wasn't just legal, it was financial too, for all the guys actually as fuelling drug and alcohol issues were costly as hell, but Nikki and Vince in particular were a little worried about how much they had in the bank.

Nikki has been pretty candid to me about his financial situation, talking to me about it because he was too ashamed to really throughly talk it through with anyone else.

By the time of his overdose, Nikki admitted on average he was spending near a grand a day on heroin and other illicit substances as well as alcohol, so by that December of '87 he'd burnt through tens of thousands of dollars that year alone and that's no counting the downhill spiral he'd been on since late 1984.

Nik was nearly bankrupted by his addiction, at the time though he didn't worry about it because he was that deep in the drugs nothing else really mattered to him, but now he was clean and had a life to live he realised just how bad things were.