1981: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, February 21st 1981

Things had been going good with me and Vince, since last year we had made progress relationship wise, as much as we were hopelessly in love with each other and did practically everything together and spent as much time together as we humanly could.

We made every Friday night date night, it didn't matter whether Vince had a show or I had a shift or both, we always found time whether that be a breakfast date, lunch date, dinner date or late night date. We made it happen.

Things were great but saying they were perfect would be a little dreamy, I loved every waking second of being with Vinnie but there was always that lingering thought in the back of my mind that when a girl would smile at him backstage of a gig or when he flirted with the girls at a bar if we were hanging around after Rockandi played or went to see another band play that they were smiling at him because they knew him or smiling at him because they wanted something or were thanking him for something.

It was me overthinking, it was because Vince knew how I perceived these interactions, we'd argued a few times about it, I didn't want to stop him enjoying himself but with his reputation I couldn't let it go, I couldn't help but think maybe his reputation was more important to him than I was.

Though, again, it wasn't true. Word spread fast about our relationship, once one of Vince's bandmates knew he had a girlfriend, it spread around the groupies like wildfire, which meant they tried doubly as hard to get with him.

They couldn't accept Vince was off the market and although hearing he was pretty serious about me they wanted to prove that wrong, but Vince always made sure to invite me to every show he did where I was free, and always came to wherever I was when he finished a show, just to prove to me that he did want me around.

One of these days, I would expect him to fall through on that, though it was yet to happen.

I do hate doubting Vince and I felt awful doing it but I couldn't help it sometimes. He was a sought after man and I knew some girls are so desperate for his attention and he was an attention whore.

Tonight there was a Rockandi show and I was attending as there was nowhere else I needed to be or wanted too be for that instance. I was just watching Vince chat with his bandmates while I sat on the vanity table, minding my own business, after a few minutes Vince died out of the conversation and slipped away from the other guys and came over to me, placing himself beside me.

"You're free to join in, y'know?"

I hum "Yeah but they're your friends more than mine."

"Friends is generous."

"Vin." I laughed "They are your friends don't be a dick."

"They were better friends but since all of them have tried to sleep with you even after we got together, I'm not jumping to hang out with them outside of the band anymore... so actually it's probably best you don't talk to them."

I rolled my eyes and placed my head on the blondes shoulder "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What the hell are you wearing? Or not wearing more accurately." I questioned, referring to Vince's distinct, lack of clothes, he has tight black leather pants on but wasn't wearing a shirt just a off white suede jacket.