1991: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, January 27th 1991

1991 promised to be an interesting year by any stretch of the imagination with the band and with our private lives too, and it already was shaping up to be that way, as Nikki and Brandi's son was born two days ago, and that meant only two months until me and Vince were in that position, none of us had seen Nikki or Brandi or Gunner, what they'd decided to name their son, Gunner Nicolas Sixx, so Nikki did manage to get his name in there somewhere. Of course he did.

I'm not sure when we'd get to see them, but it wouldn't be in the next few days I wouldn't imagine, certainly not today as it was the AMA's tonight, and Nikki wasn't attending to stay with Brandi and Gunner and Mick never budged on his stance of not attending, so it was just Tommy and Vince like predicted months ago.

Mötley Crüe we're up for a couple of different awards tonight though none of us were going into this thinking they'd win anything, but you never know. Because it was only Tommy and Vince going, and Tom was taking Heather along with him, Vinnie had been begging me for days and days for me to come with him.

I was totally against the idea initially, not wanting to go out to such a highly publicised event, Vince and I by now had announced that I was pregnant, we did that in December but I knew that if I was out with Vince with all those press I'd have so many eyes on me and they'd be news articles about it and while I never minded being in the press, I never minded any of the side effects involved from Vin being famous that much attention while being in the current state I am, wasn't something I liked.

Mainly because to go to the AMA's you have to look beautiful and I'm not seeing myself as beautiful, I rarely ever did really but especially now, I felt as far from beautiful as you could get, sure, I was only pregnant but it made me self conscious and that feeling times all those camera was anxiety on a platter.

But I knew it was stupid, I was just being silly and wanted to support Vince if the guys did win anything, I'd regret it down the line if I wasn't there so gave in and said I'd accompany him.

I was confident about that choice yesterday when I caved, but tonight, now that we were literally in the car going to the ceremony, I was freaking the fuck out.

I looked over at Vince who was just looking out the car window decked out in a black blazer, white shirt, black pants and his favourite belt that he wore practically all the time while on tour, he was also wearing glasses for some reason, he'd picked them up and put them on while getting ready and I went with it but wasn't sure what he was thinking wearing them.

I was going to ask him that, but first had to just complain a little "Vin, why'd you have to talk me into this?" I grumble.

The blonde looked over at me with a small smirk on his lips "Because it's gonna be more fun with you around, I hate these kinda things, you know I do, they're dull as hell and given Mick bailed and Nikki's with Brandi I only have you to talk too, cause Tommy's still being miserable as fuck and I doubt having Heather around is going to help that. You can't just let me go alone and condemn me to being miserable like him... but you didn't have to come, I wanted you too and I'm glad you have but you didn't have too if you didn't feel comfortable."

"It's hard to say no when you begged me for days, but I know I don't have too... I was alright with the idea until right now, I'm thinking about all the cameras and attention, it's making me feel sick."