1982: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚍𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, 1997

1982 was the start of some of the most hectic years of my life. Things just got busier and busier, between finding out I was pregnant and then that first ultrasound appointment things happened with the band. Things fell through with Allan as their manager just after the Canada tour was over and things got a little dicey because without a manager the guys had to do things themselves which wasn't something they were prepared for as it was different from how it was at the very beginning.

They were bigger than they had been in 1981 and that meant more was needed to be done and none of them were prepared to take the responsibility of that and the label was piling pressure on them to find new management. Luckily for them before things could get really bad they met Doc McGee and Doug Thaler, who saw a show of theirs in April after knowing of the band and hearing they were in need of management, approaching us after the show and offering their services to the guys.

After some short talks with Elektra an agreement was reached and the band had new managers. Things calmed down after that and it was exciting to be able to work with Doc and Doug who knew more about what to do and were more capable of managing Mötley Crüe.

Everything continued smoothly and pretty stress free which was good for me and kept Vince off my back as he got pretty fucking overprotective of me after we found out we were having a little girl.

We brought a place a month after that appointment and moved into the house almost a month after that, which made me seven months into the pregnancy when we got settled.

Vin was great, he got a little annoying towards the end but either way he was great and made sure I was always okay. His love for me really showed through and it made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

And when we found ourselves with our newborn daughter on our hands, Vince didn't let band commitments get in the way of being there for me and our baby.

Alessia Brienne Wharton was born on the 25th of September 1982 at 19:27pm. That was a surreal day in general and I can't remember a lot of it given I was more focused on the pain I was in rather than what was happening but I remember hearing her cry for the first time and me crying too and Vince trying and failing to hold himself together when he held her for the first time. It was one of the most memorable days of my life and I treasure that memory and have the picture which was taken ten minutes after she was born taken by one of the doctors on my request of me, Alessia and Vince on my bedside table.

Getting home with Allie that night had been surreal, we didn't know what we were doing, we didn't know where to start with her but just did what we felt was right. It was a huge lifestyle change and like I'd predicted, my anxiety about Vince and him regretting this choice quickly flooded back. I don't know why I worried so much about him walking out, he would have never done that and I should have been solidified in that fact in the way Vince cared and tended to Allie, he really embraced the change in our life and I loved him for it.

It took me a while for that insecurity to vanish again, it ate away at me. My worst fear was having Vince leave me alone and leaving Alessia without her father, especially in those first few weeks with her that thought was front and foremost in my mind that one day he'd turn to me and say he couldn't do it, he didn't want this life and the thought of it scared me to death each and every one of those days.
———