1981: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚋𝚞𝚝

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, April 24th 1981

Since Vince joined forces with Tommy, Nikki and Mick, things had been a lot more interesting, this band was already something else. Vince after that first audition was in, there was no question about it, these guys may not have known each other much but we all felt it. They had something special and with Vince it was the icing on the cake.

Since that day, Vince had left Rockandi amicably for the most part, they were a little peeved at the suddenness but were otherwise alright with it because they couldn't be mad, they knew as well as anyone, Vince had more talent than he could show in a cover band, especially given the kind of covers they did.

Tonight was the debut of Mötley Crüe and they were certainly something the Sunset Strip had never seen before. I'd watched them rehearse day in day out for weeks, watching them get enough songs together, watch them build up their craft as performers and they were certainly one of the better bands I'd seen around here.

We'd become pretty close, all of us even in the couple of months we'd known each other, sometimes we'd all crash out in Nikki's apartment if band practice was later in the day and none of us could be bothered with the hassle of driving, but given Tommy and Nikki already practically lived together, Vince and me also occasionally staying over wasn't that big of a deal.

I enjoyed those nights because we just sit, drink and get to know each other a little better with every day which passes. Tommy was pretty open about himself, he just told everyone everything about him without a care, Vince and I did much the same but Mick and Nikki were more reserved, Mick was in general but Nikki was happy to talk about anything but would remain tight lipped on anything relating to his childhood or before he got to LA.

It didn't take a genius to figure out Nikki had some trauma to work through, and I had told him a couple of times I was willing to hear him out if he ever needed to talk and I hope someday he'd come to me and open up because I wanted to help, even if it was just to share his burden, I didn't want him to feel like he was alone in what he was feeling and that nobody understood him.

Anyways, back to the show tonight. The guys were due on stage in about fifteen minutes and Mick, Tommy and Nikki had all left the dressing room a few minutes ago while Vince stayed with me to finish off his look for the night, and yeah, he looked really fucking good.

He'd just finished with the eyeliner and hairspray then just sat there, I was sat at where Nikki had been before he left the room, as we'd been talking, which was on the second vanity table which was diagonal to Vince, I watched as the blonde got lost in his own thoughts and knew something was up because he rarely got quiet, and what was even rarer was him withdrawing himself.

I had to bring him back to reality and stop whatever thought process he was currently in. I removed myself from where I was currently and moved over to where my boyfriend was sat.

"You alright?" I wonder, placing myself on the vanity table besides the chair Vince was sat in, still just staring into space.

Vin snapped out of the trance he'd been in when I addressed him and looked at me like a deer in headlights "What? Hmm?"

I laughed softly at the reaction "I asked if you were alright, evidently you're away with the fairies."