1979: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, January 13th 1979

It was nearly two hours since I left the party which meant it was just before one in the morning now, my parents waited up for me then as soon as I got back headed up to bed while I stayed downstairs to read before heading up to bed, preferring to read down here than up in my room, I'm not sure why but it's always been that way.

I'd gotten a good couple of extra chapters in but every now and again I'd get distracted and think of Vince, I'd try and shake him out of my mind but couldn't seem to do it. It stumped me, I wasn't used to thinking about a boy this much, not by a long mile but it was happening and I didn't know whether to be excited or scared by that.

Luckily for me, the former seemed to be winning out, even more so when the phone rang laying on the table beside me, at first I was confused because it was the middle of the night but I made sure to quickly pick it up because didn't want to wake my parents up as the phone on the landing upstairs would also be ringing. I place the phone against my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey." I hear on the other end, it was Vince and I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the sound of his voice as excitement bubbles in my heart at the fact he'd actually called me.

"Oh, hey! I wasn't expecting you to call so soon, it's only been two hours since I saw you last, are you really that desperate to talk to me?"

"Well, you did kinda ditch me, I think me calling you now is kinda justified."

"I had to get back, I left you my number which you evidently found."

"I did, you could have told me you were leaving though, I could have given you a lift."

"You're a party animal, wasn't going to spoil your fun."

"I found it wasn't all that fun without you, we hadn't finished talking so I couldn't enjoy myself until I spoke to you again... sooo... here we are."

"Yeah, here we are." I confirmed "When'd you get home then?"

"Half an hour ago, wanted to leave sooner but some friends caught me on the way out and got me to talking and convinced me to stay, I couldn't just leave, image and all."

"Of course, I don't think missing a couple of remaining hours of some party would destroy your image."

"What excuse would I have to leave that doesn't sound lame?"

"Are you saying talking to me is lame?"

Vince sighed "No. I'm not saying that, don't put fucking words in my mouth. But to everyone else me saying I wanted to get home to talk to someone I met tonight would be a little lame. Anyone I meet at parties I don't stay in contact with, I just move on. Though I've probably screwed most of the girls at that party tonight at some point in time, I recognised many of them, all the same girls seem to go to every party in the entire city it would seem, which again, makes me surprised I've never ran into you before."

"We might have attended a party at the same time before but just never paid attention to each other, especially if it was a party before you were in the band."