1987: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, May 28th 1987

Tomorrow was mine and Vince's wedding day. It was crazy to think that tomorrow we'd actually be married. Since the start of October all we'd been dedicated too long was planning tomorrow and now it all came down to tomorrow.

In the end we did get the same wedding planner as Tommy and Heather had, and it certainly made everything a million times easier on us, me and Vince did as much as we could while taking recommendations from Kirsty, that was the wedding planners name, and it was definitely going to be an event.

Vince didn't have a budget for it and I'll say it's more than I expected we'd pay but if Vin didn't care then I wouldn't either, it was more formal than I'd have expected from Vinnie though, everything being quite classy, his will to out marry Heather and Tommy had really taken over his mind however it was still the way he wanted and would still be more than enjoyable for everyone attending.

Of course, there had been some parts of tradition Vince had wanted to avoid but I wasn't allowing him to skirt around anything, namely the entire 'it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding' thing, he'd argued tooth and fucking nail for that tradition go just be scrapped but I was insistent that it had to happen exactly as tradition says.

And that meant tonight he had to go sleep elsewhere, and he hated it but hadn't put up as much of a fight today as I thought, he knew it would be futile I think.

He's adhered to all the other rules I laid down for him, like not trying to sneak peak my dress, I'd left it in the capable hands of Vinnie's mom and let me tell you, Shirley Wharton is guarding that dress with her life and whenever Vince has gone looking for it she's always made sure he goes nowhere near it and isn't afraid to use force if necessary.

The singer has complained about 'how seriously women take this shit', and yeah, we did and he just needed to suck it the hell up.

And although he'd done a good job so far today, he was really laying his diva tendencies thick over this spending the night before the wedding apart tradition. He'd brought it up today as much as humanly possible until now, as he'd gone from bringing it up whenever it fitted, now he was talking about it non stop because he was packed and ready to go drive to Tommy's and spend the night with him and Heather.

"Would you please shut up about it?" I groaned as we made our way down the stairs so Vin could say goodbye to Alessia before he went.

"I will not shut up about it not until you say this tradition bullshit is really just an excuse to get me out the way, just admit it." Vince huffed.

"No, I won't and it's not. It just makes everything tomorrow feel more special if we've spent time apart beforehand."

"No, it doesn't, we're only getting married."

"Only getting married? After all you've done to one up Heather and Tom's wedding? Well, fuck you then, Vincent." I snapped playfully as we reached the bottom of the staircase.

"I didn't mean it like that." The man said, rolling his eyes "I meant it doesn't have to be that special cause I already have you. But the tradition is still bullshit though, you've condemned me to spending a night with Tommy and Heather, so thanks."