1986: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, September 18th 1986

There was good news on the album front, the last few weeks especially, all the writing had now been cleaned up and there was only two songs left to complete before they had everything ready to go into the demo stages of the album.

Nikki had partially pulled his head from his ass and actually started catching up with the writing, going over the lyrics the other guys had given him and working with them to complete the songs. It took Nikki about a week or so after I spoke to him for him to actually put into practise what I'd been on at him for, but when he did he jumped in.

Vince also did what I said and spoke to Mick about taking charge over Nikki when he's not in the the right head space to work and Mick agreed that they should continue working even if Nikki hates it, if he's not going to be efficient it doesn't have to stop everyone else.

Doc had been pissed that they hadn't made any progress after that mandatory meeting but when you think about it, it's not really surprising, they were never going to work the amount they should have, especially unsupervised.

Anyway, aside from the progress on the album there wasn't too much more to report, there was Alessia's birthday in just over a week, we'd already sorted out her birthday presents so that was one thing checked off.

Vince also wanted us to have a day out together today, which wasn't strange or anything he'd been talking about it for months but it was only a couple of days ago that the decision was made to actually go, we dropped Alessia off with Tommy given Vince's parents weren't available and we'd pick her up tomorrow morning, Vince hasn't told me where he planned to take me though and he wouldn't tell me for shit so when we arrived in Santa Monica I had to ask after we got out the car what the hell we were doing here "Vin? Why are we here?"

Vince shrugged "Because it's pretty close and just thought it'd be nice... you don't mind do you?"

"No... but I hate when your secretive, it always puts me on edge"

"Why?" He laughed, walking over to me and taking my hand in his.

"Because I know you, you're almost always up to something"

"Okay, you got me there but trust me, baby, I promise you'll like what I've got in store for you... hopefully."

"That makes it sound creepy."

"You know I'm not a creep so it's not actually creepy. Do you wanna go grab some lunch? Cause I don't think eating will really be on our minds for the rest of the day."

That made me kind of confused, just the way he said it however he wasn't wrong, yeah, sometimes we did get a caught up doing things that we end up not being bothered to eat, food would probably be the best course of action.

"Sure, lunch would be nice, anywhere in particular?"

"Well it's not our first time here, let's see if we can find the place we went too before, it's not too long of a walk."

The frontman offered me his hand and I accepted it, allowing him to take me through the streets to find the restaurant we were after.