1986: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Start from the beginning

———
Kelly's POV, 1997

I just thought I'd cut in here you don't really need to have a minute by minute account of everything we did, so I'll just sum it up.

We found the restaurant we'd been too on numerous other trips to this beach, when we've come here with the other guys or alone on some hot summer days, and we came here a couple of months before Alessia was born too and obviously we'd been there since then once or twice too.

It was a nice little restaurant, not posh or anything just nice and it was always nice to spend time with Vince in a setting like this, still is, because we were away from home and that then we were without Alessia, it was just me and him. It always reminded me of when we first got together and still to this day, now, in 1997, we still went there and we were actually there not so long ago, with Allie but we still go there alone sometimes too.

It gave us a chance to just get away, sure, Vin got recognised at least once every time we go there but that's to be expected, fans we never any bother and Vince was happy to have a little chat or sign a few things.

We got recognised by fans that day actually, not long after we'd got into the restaurant, we had just ordered our food and I was about to question him on a couple of things I was still curious about in regard to our beach visit when some fans a few tables away came over.

It distracted me from asking questions and that was probably for the best, there wasn't much he could say really without being obvious about why he'd chosen to have a day out there at decently short notice.

His behaviour was the main reason why I was so curious as coming to the beach on its own wasn't any red flag, Vince was a surfer and a pretty good one at that, he loved the beach so whenever we have been here before he's always brought his board with him, even trying to teach me to surf in the past, and to go there without his board and the way he just kept looking at me that day, it made me question a lot.

It would all make sense though by the end of the day, I just had to have patience and being around Mötley Crüe I wasn't exactly short of it.

We spoke to the fans and then they left us alone a few minutes later, we ate then walked around did a little bit of shopping, then got ice cream, then went to the beach, sat down and just people watched and talked, getting lost in a conversation.

We ended up staying on that beach until the evening, and everyone else was starting to go home. We watched the sunset in silence, and it was when there was hardly any sunlight left and there was near silence around that I actually found out what we were doing there... and although I probably should have seen it coming, I didn't that day. Not by a long mile.

I'll let you get back to the memory, just before I realised what was going on.
———

Evenings on the beach were always so beautiful, evenings anywhere were actually but there was something about watching them over water that was just perfect, it's something I missed about living in Redondo Beach was the fact we lived overlooking the sea, and almost every morning and evening we'd watch the sunrise and sunset over the water.

I'd always loved being at the beach, being here on evenings, even as a kid but being here and experiencing these things with Vince were magical, there was just something to me about watching these moments with the man I loved that couldn't be beaten by anything.