37. Where he finally admits it!

Start from the beginning

“Look at the weather…. November is gonna start in a week. Winters make me so lazy… Today I got free early. So thought why not to rest and binge watch some series or movie with Aaru. But look here!” She went on explaining all her plans.

“Okay… Okay… Let me be the man at your service then…”

She looked at me surprise with a confused smile.

“I will call my mechanic who will take your car from here and will drop it back to your home after checking it.” She smiled so wide that her cheeks puffed up. 

So cute…!

“Thank you…” 

“And I can drop you home too…” 

“I am so selfish…” She spoke instead of agreeing.

“I am taking all your help and it is so not right. You have your own works to do.” 

“Hey! A friend in need is a friend indeed. Come. It will be taken care of.” I spoke and walked towards my car. She followed me.

.
.
.
.
.
.

“That's not the way to my home.” She spoke as I took the route to Marine drive.

“I know. I want to tell you something. So-” 

“What is it?” She asked excitedly, not letting me complete.

“How about eating something?” 

“Ice cream?” She suggested.

“How can you not get bored of it?” I asked.

Most of the time we eat ice cream whenever we meet. I am no mood to have icecream.

“Noo. How can someone get bored of it? There are so many flavours.” 

I blinked my eyes not at all understanding her. Zoya is Zoya. Nothing can happen to her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“So, what was it you wanted to tell me?” She spoke as she also brought her plate of noodles.

I was already sitting on the bonnet of my car with a plate of noodles in my hands.

“I… I am going to receive the award for the businessman of the year.” I replied nonchalantly.

She choked on her extra spicy noodles. Extra spicy…! I slipped off the car bonnet keeping my plate on it. I rubbed her back as she coughed continuously. I took plate from her hands and kept it on the car bonnet because if it fell down she is gonna cry for them. She love noodles a lot.

“Here… Drink this.” I forwarded her the water bottle I had in my car.

She gulped down the water and coughed lightly. 

“It's fine. It's fine.” I spoke, softly rubbing her back.

“You okay?” I asked as she wiped the corner of her eyes.

She nodded and sipped some more water.

“Never! Never give me any good news while we eat noodles.” 

Moral of the story!

“Okay…” I agreed, chuckling.

“So you are gonna receive the award for businessman of the year?” I nodded.

“Wow..!! Congratulations!!” She wished me excitedly.

“When?”

“After a week.” She gave me one of her best smiles.

“And don't worry. I won't ask for any party because I have got it…” She spoke, picking up her plate, eyeing her extra spicy noodles.

I chuckled shaking my head. She is a very much single piece on this planet.

And I like her so much…!

Finally! Here I admit it completely. From my heart...
____________________________________

“Aditya!! Aditya!!” I groaned and sat up on my bed. 

It's mom who isn't letting me sleep. She is calling me continuously from last fifteen minutes. I glanced at the wall clock of my room.

9:00

“Aditya!! Check who is it on the door!!” I heard her calling me. 

Am I the only one left in the house to check who is on the main door? I shook my head and walked out of my room. 

I rubbed my face before opening the door. A smiling delivery boy was standing there with few parcels in his hands. But I didn't order anything…

“Mr. Aditya Hooda?” He asked. I nodded.

He passed me a small packet and left. What about the payment? Heck! Why payment? I didn't order anything!

“Arjun… Did you order something?” I asked walking upto his room with the parcel in my hands. 

“No.” He denied without giving any attention to the matter. He was busy playing PS4.

People around me are going crazy day by day!

I came back to my room. It wasn't the best idea to open it but it came on my name. So I can open it. I tore it open to find a box wrapped in gift wrapping paper. It also had a note on it. Finally! 

There were no easy routes on your way to success. Your hard work and commitment have brought you here. It is a success you truly deserved. It is an achievement you have truly earned. You are the source of positivity for your company. A small gift from your tiny friend, wishing you all the success. Congratulations Aditya!
                                                            - Zoya

I smile graced my lips reading her note. So it is Zoya who sent it for me. I opened the box to find a classy pair of cufflinks and a tie pin. 

Thank you Zoya…
_______________________________________